Avios/Tiers on AA F flight

Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA GFL. AA EXP. Amex Plat. Mucci.
There are some bugs in the system between AA and BA since the re-coding of AA fares last year to make way for their premium economy fares and the re-coding of domestic 2 cabin First tickets into J class fare buckets. JKF/LAX and JFK/SFO are now the only domestic routes with 3 cabin first class where you can book an F or A ticket and get 210 tier points per domestic sector, so the AA system must still have bugs in it when earning tier points. Keep on BA, you are clearly entitled to the points.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, BAEC bronze, Marriott Platinum
Is there a glitch on posting avios and tier points on this particular flight. JFK-LAX. I too took this flight last week. Was in first class, booking class A (paid), on the three cabin aircraft (32B).

still haven't gotten the 210 tier points I am entitled to. This flight would take me from BA silver to BA gold. I have an upcoming trip next week and would like my new status to be there.

Any way to expedite a mileage claim with a partner? Can they manually process it? I fly American a lot and from my experience they always post within 2-3 days.

thanks
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & GfL, HHons Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, IHGSpire Elite, Kimpton Inner Circ
Likewise exactly the same issue had a four sector return including JFK-LAX-JFK other sectors posted Avios & TP fine tried to claim missing sectors online first, that got declined, after three phone calls to the always helpful UK GGL line have finally got them credited to BAEC, still battling with On Business.

Ironic as JFK-LAX is a flagship service for AA, as in AA0001 surprised they have not fixed this issue by now as it seems to have been going on for many months.

On a more positive note love the Flagship First dining option at LAX, had quite a tight connection so only used briefly on this trip but plan to fly later in the day next time so I can more fully enjoy the experience. BA could learn a lot from this

I find BACE online claim team seems to just automatically decline Avios and TP as a matter of course, making a phone intervention necessary. Does anyone else have similar experiences?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by SaturdayKid
Likewise exactly the same issue had a four sector return including JFK-LAX-JFK other sectors posted Avios & TP fine tried to claim missing sectors online first, that got declined, after three phone calls to the always helpful UK GGL line have finally got them credited to BAEC, still battling with On Business.

Ironic as JFK-LAX is a flagship service for AA, as in AA0001 surprised they have not fixed this issue by now as it seems to have been going on for many months.

On a more positive note love the Flagship First dining option at LAX, had quite a tight connection so only used briefly on this trip but plan to fly later in the day next time so I can more fully enjoy the experience. BA could learn a lot from this

I find BACE online claim team seems to just automatically decline Avios and TP as a matter of course, making a phone intervention necessary. Does anyone else have similar experiences?
No, usually works for me. (AY is the airline IME that more often than not requires claiming credit online. I've not had any problems with AA transcons not posting automatically to BAEC.)
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SaturdayKid
If you mean the online screen for missing Avios, yes I think this has been mentioned before: it works best - and was intended for - those who did not put any FF number at all on their reservation, which remains an issue for some corporate travellers booking via a direct intraweb front end to GDS. So in straightforward cases like that the system will generally work. However if you had a FF number on the reservation and it didn't work at the time, it's not likely to work again until a human looks at the problem in slightly more detail. The one area where it may work is if (e.g.) the flight wasn't properly processed at the gate due to some irrops, but that's going to be the exception. Consequently the advice here is that if you know your FF number was on the reservation and nothing odd happened then you best bypass the online screen and give BA a call about it. The alternative is to use the webform - general complaint form - and fax in the boarding passes.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lds89
A is both a discounted three-class F fare class as well as the confirmable upgrade fare that AA elites can use their SWU or miles + copay to upgrade into from business fare classes (J,D,I).

Maybe BA just coded A as ineligible because it's also an upgrade class? Should obviously be fixed because AA also sells the A class as a revenue class
EF indicates A is for upgrades on three cabin routes, and C is the upgrade selling class fo two cabin routes?

in terms of selling classes there isn’t any F or A at all on two cabin routes.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Just to round off this thread - I got the miles and 210 tier points added - but had to go via the BA Missing miles rep on here.. Ken
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, CCR, Virgin Gold
As per my earlier post. same happened to me on 2 return trips in Transcon F on a 3 Class Plane. A call to the (extremely helpful) GGL line sorted the problem out, after having received the automatic rejection email.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.