Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did BA pull all 2019 F Avios Availability?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by aerolaw
I agree but the inventory has been pulled down to zero in BOS market too and i think most others in the US.

Here is the link:
IAG - International Airlines Group - Presentations
That is the same link as I posted - the links to the relevant pdf's don't seem to work.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Originally Posted by BobServant

Since I checked yesterday, Bermuda has gone but much more availability in Middle East. Definitely something being messed about with behind the scenes. I guess the reason will become clear in due course...
I am still seeing loads of F for Bermuda.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Glad to have found this thread. I have been planning to pull the trigger on 2 F from the west coast to ATH next Spring. I have been following the availability and like clockwork 2 ( or more) F seats were available every Thursday with a return 2 weeks later on a Thursday. Ideal flights. Suddenly last week...when I checked...all the F award seats were gone. I have been planning the trip for several years saving miles.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
That is the same link as I posted - the links to the relevant pdf's don't seem to work.
Try typing the link in manually. I've downloaded the pdf but I can't attach it here.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lewis King
I am still seeing loads of F for Bermuda.
BDA is an odd market. They are flying there from LGW only, but most of their other "leisure" destinations to the Caribbean, MCO, TPA, etc. do not have F cabin, just CW. So BA may have a lot of corporate (banking/financial services) customers using BDA-LON, thus they kept F cabin on that route. Airlines use premium cabins to entice companies into corporate travel programs. It is the main reason BA kept flying Concorde all those years. It was a loss leader to get big corporate contracts. (But then again, NYC and BOS are also strong corporate markets, yet they still zeroed out Z seats). So all I can say is BDA F redemption (Z) availability going into 2019 appears to be an anomaly for now.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Definitely seems like an anomaly. Oh well, we can only wait and see what happens now!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:15 am

Try typing the link in manually. I've downloaded the pdf but I can't attach it here.
Thanks - typing the pdf link manually worked ^

Slide 112 says very little. Under the section 'Avios' on this page it simply says:

"• New management team in progress
• Avios launched with EI and VY programmes
• Single group points bank by June 2018
• Customer improvements planned for BA and IB programmes
• Progressive introduction of Dynamic Pricing from 2018
• Group loyalty review in progress"
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
What bothers me the most is it's hard to believe that any changes they implement will be good news. That is a major trust problem that Alex has created.
In all the years that I've been participating on FT, I cannot remember any occasion on which a rumoured forthcoming change in any airline's frequent flyer scheme has been believed or expected to be anything but bad news for the scheme's members. This "trust problem" long pre-dates Alex Cruz's arrival at BA.
HIDDY, LTN Phobia and HMPS like this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Let’s hope the intern is in charge of the roll out on 05 Apr and there’s a huge balls up
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Let’s hope the intern is in charge of the roll out on 05 Apr and there’s a huge balls up
It doesn't need an intern to guarantee a BA balls up !
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
For a proper Balls up the roll out should be on April 28.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver
When the company pulls a stunt like this, speculation is understandable but it only stokes frustration - frustration with BA, that is. Ability to redeem in F is a big issue for some us (for me, the last thread that keeps me attached to BA). If there's a new policy that will put an end to it, I feel we should be informed. Likewise if the inventory has only been pulled temporarily. Anyone from BA listening? Please?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Didn't realise BA F was so popular. ^
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Well I've managed to get my Avios balance down to 14000 having booked a good number of flights for this year: LHR-JNB return in F, LHR-SEA return in F, LHR-JNB out in F, back in CW, LHR-JFK on a 241 in CW and an assortment of Australian and South African domestic legs in J. So I feel that I've got my money's worth but the attraction of being able to book F is somewhat greater than booking CW and if it is to become a lot more expensive or difficult then I may rethink things next year once the 241 is used.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
BDA is an odd market. They are flying there from LGW only, but most of their other "leisure" destinations to the Caribbean, MCO, TPA, etc. do not have F cabin, just CW. So BA may have a lot of corporate (banking/financial services) customers using BDA-LON, thus they kept F cabin on that route. Airlines use premium cabins to entice companies into corporate travel programs. It is the main reason BA kept flying Concorde all those years. It was a loss leader to get big corporate contracts. (But then again, NYC and BOS are also strong corporate markets, yet they still zeroed out Z seats). So all I can say is BDA F redemption (Z) availability going into 2019 appears to be an anomaly for now.
Sorry - was looking under “Caribbean” rather than “Central and S America”. Bermuda still there.

Interestingly a little F availability has appeared in March for a few Caribbean destinations that I didn’t see yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.