Did BA pull all 2019 F Avios Availability?

Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Amex, FPC, IHG Ambassador, Aeroplan,BA
Interesting, I'm waiting for YVR, I booked the outbound 2 weeks ago with my 2-4-1 but haven't seen any new F inventory since then. Business only since they released the F seats back in early April.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If you are trying to book at T-355 I suspect this lack of availability is at least partially an effect of Easter holidays (Easter Sunday is 21/4/19).
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by BobServant
If you are trying to book at T-355 I suspect this lack of availability is at least partially an effect of Easter holidays (Easter Sunday is 21/4/19).
Or that they are just not releasing any F seats on that flight on the date required.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: Amex, FPC, IHG Ambassador, Aeroplan,BA
Originally Posted by SteveF

Or that they are just not releasing any F seats on that flight on the date required.
They havent released any new seats for any dates in 3 weeks, and yes I'm looking 355 out but not any specific date.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
I booked 2 F seats at the weekend for JFK to LHR for April 19.

BA are still releasing F award space daily on that route.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Is something up with this again? No F availability in February or March to any North American or Carribean destination.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
That's not true - I've seen loads of F dates available to ATL as that's somewhere I was tracking. I am sure there's other in North America !
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pondhopper79
Is something up with this again? No F availability in February or March to any North American or Carribean destination.
ALSO - DFW has almost daily F availability in Feb and Mar which is a good spring board to most US cities
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
That's not true - I've seen loads of F dates available to ATL as that's somewhere I was tracking. I am sure there's other in North America !
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
ALSO - DFW has almost daily F availability in Feb and Mar which is a good spring board to most US cities
Ah user error! I had 4 people in the app. When I reduce it to 2 it does show availability. However, this does make me wonder if BA are cutting back on Avios availability. I used to have no problem finding 4 seats 10/11 months out, whereas today Feb and March are showing nothing. Of course it could just be higher demand.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Originally Posted by pondhopper79
Ah user error! I had 4 people in the app. When I reduce it to 2 it does show availability. However, this does make me wonder if BA are cutting back on Avios availability. I used to have no problem finding 4 seats 10/11 months out, whereas today Feb and March are showing nothing. Of course it could just be higher demand.
4 has dropped off completely in 2019 we’ve found. We used to find it easy too. We booked 2 first the other day to DEL and almost immediately/the night after, 2 more popped up, so upgraded the other two in our party.

If you’re looking for 4, maybe booking them in groups of two might help. I have a sneaky suspicion they don’t want to show so many all at once.

Hoping we can upgrade our whole group to F on the way back! Will keep an eye on baredemtionfinder.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:30 pm

Is there any update on this situation? I'm looking all over for 4 F tickets to multiple destinations next Summer and nothing at all (although scattered availability on many routes up until April), and loads in Club (surprisingly) during Jul/Aug. Have people really been finding that if you book 2 F seats, 2 more in F open up hours later, or are Club my only options if I want four of us to travel together.

Don't really want to end up with lots of changed booking fees taking big gambles, but the Mrs really does prefer F!

Any advice appreciated.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Looking for LHR/YYC and not seeing anything available in any class from now until July!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:16 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Sohan
Looking for LHR/YYC and not seeing anything available in any class from now until July!
Have a look at the thread below - that may explain it :-

Reward flights, has something changed? [Inventory boost on TATL routes]
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Sohan
That is common for many destinations especially just a few weeks ahead. If you have a specific question then someone here may be able to help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.