Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Who drank all the champagne ? [No LPGS in the CCR !!]

Who drank all the champagne ? [No LPGS in the CCR !!]

Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Please remind me, as I seem to constantly forget - is the espresso martini in the CCR or another lounge?
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Only in CCR, unless you make your own. Unfortunately el maestro Borisz has moved on to another role at the airport earlier this week so that particular aspect of the experience is no longer with us,
I had a delicious one in the CCR last Tuesday by a lady, unfortunately I didnt catch her name. Im not a coffee drinker because I dont like the taste but as this was recommended, I took it. And it was strong. I was up all night, that isnt an exaggeration! But I would definitely enjoy it again :-)
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by madfish

Ill be there soon to double check!
I'll be there by 13:00, ask them to keep a bottle aside for me..
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold

Ill be there soon to double check!
Hope it lasts until this afternoon ! And hoping GLA does not have same supply problems as EDI 😝
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by liamrugby
I'll be there by 13:00, ask them to keep a bottle aside for me..
Originally Posted by FliGuy

Hope it lasts until this afternoon ! And hoping GLA does not have same supply problems as EDI 😝
There are spare bottles on the counter which is a good sign rather than chilling in the fridge.

Im around most of the day so feel free to send a PM of you fancy sharing a glass and a chat.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:52 am

Normal service has resumed...
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
This reminds me of the KFC chicken shortage but a much more 1st world scale
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
This reminds me of the KFC chicken shortage but a much more 1st world scale
Actually, I think the KFC chicken shortage was also a first world problem, this is more acute than that - its a First class problem!
madfish, cgtechuk and David7 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
No LPGC on MIA LHR flight the other day. The crew said it was the fault of the outbound crew who had used it all. Not sure I can believe that......how many bottles are loaded for the whole return trip?

What they did have was a Vintage Castelnau which was actually very drinkable. My suspicion is that this was the substitute for the LPGC!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
No LPGC on MIA LHR flight the other day. The crew said it was the fault of the outbound crew who had used it all. Not sure I can believe that......how many bottles are loaded for the whole return trip?

What they did have was a Vintage Castelnau which was actually very drinkable. My suspicion is that this was the substitute for the LPGC!
They were probably telling you the truth.

For my much delayed YYZ flight, the crew said five bottles of LPGS had been drunk. The crew member showed me there were two unopened bottles, which he was saving for the return flight.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently

For my much delayed YYZ flight, the crew said five bottles of LPGS had been drunk. The crew member showed me there were two unopened bottles, which he was saving for the return flight.
Very possible to get through a number of bottles in a full F cabin. Lets assume everybody has one glass a PDP then you are looking at using up two bottles. And if a couple of people fancy a few then it soon goes down. I had no such problem on Saturday as there were four kids in F and everybody was looking to sleep.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently

But why would they have had the Vintage Castelnau loaded that was not on the menu?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

But why would they have had the Vintage Castelnau loaded that was not on the menu?
Is that not the rose? Cannot remember as only tend to drink white.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist

I do not know. I was just adding a data point not answering your question with any certainty.

I am pretty sure we also had champagne loaded that was not on the menu, which by coincidence I have just found.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Apr 1, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:11 am

Is that not the rose? Cannot remember as only tend to drink white.
No, it is not rose.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.