Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's No Bedding in F Worth?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by MaximeD
What would be an acceptable compensation on a redemption flight in F?
A paid flight or redemption shouldn't make any difference.

What is an acceptable level of compensation? I'd suggest 25-30k as a goodwill gesture.

However, as others have rightly said this should just not happen at all and something went wrong here with not enough bedding being loaded.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
5000 does seem laughable even in the current stingy compensation envirionment.

Crazy not too long ago they were giving out 100,000 Avios if you were seated in Old First seats on a 747.
They paid out 50,000 Avios for Old First, and it was automatic too.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I would ask for a different type of service recovery in the form of an Op-Up to F on your next CW flight. I believe this type of recovery has been received in the past. Otherwise, what is an extra 5000 to your existing 5000? A SH CE one way redemption + 3 cups of tea?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by lorath

I would ask for a different type of service recovery in the form of an Op-Up to F on your next CW flight.

That's a very good point, I like that idea. As the OP admitted he/she didn't have a great sleep at all so an easy fix as a compensation gesture.

If there are empty seats as the flight closes then that's easy for BA to achieve giving a space available Op Up on any future CW flight or even on a WT+ to J flight which is arguably a bigger step too.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
I suspect the feel-good factor from a space available discretionary upgrade for certain gross failures will be significantly better compared to Avios. I remember UA once giving me a Systemwide Upgrade voucher - which could also force open premium cabin upgrade inventory - for a serious service failure.
PETER01 and Stez like this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
It’s worth .......... considering a different airline in future if BAs service failure bothers you that much.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BA, JAL
I would happy with anything - some people don't even bother with bedding and prefer to lie on top of fallen tomatoes.
I remember seeing this woman wake up once and she had a cucumber stuck to her back. In fairness she was rocking the look quite nicely.
In the current climate, 5k would be great... until someone chimes in saying they got 50k because they had run out of toothbrushes, 5k must be an excellent return.
Someone I read once got 150k for something minor, but those days are long gone.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
It’s worth .......... considering a different airline in future if BAs service failure bothers you that much.
is that ahmed again? he could try etihad or klm. both well respected more than most airlines.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm never very comfortable with "what is this worth", since this is going to be a personal thing, and making it relative to other people, other cases to some extent plays the same tune as BA's inevitable clause "we have to be fair to all our customers". Actually they don't have to be. On the other hand the OP has already stated that 5K is laughable, so that aspect is clear, and I guess the OP will need to find what s/he finds to be a reasonable remedy. So if 5k Avios is worth £75 for the sake of argument, would the OP accept £150 given whatever s/he spent on the original fare?

This is a pre-amble to another potential followup area, the Consumer Rights Act. Since the bedding was not loaded, this is not an inflight failure (inflight failures are supposed to be still purely under the Montréal Convention), the problem happened before the flight departed and could never be fully remedied after that departure. Therefore if this is portrayed as "I didn't get what I paid for, and BA didn't exercise reasonable care and skill", then I think there may be a case. May because the CRA and airlines has not been very much tested so far. There is a thread about this in the Dashboard, which isn't working properly due to the recent design refresh, but the hyperlink at the end should work. Note that "loss of enjoyment" cannot be deployed on this one. The link to my first paragraph is that the the CRA's remedy is a "repeat performance", which could look like a space available upgrade on a future service. More realistically if "repeat performance" is infeasible or declined by BA then you can ask for a reasonable level of compensation, and it could be quite tricky for the airline to prove s/he was being unreasonable.

Obviously I hope it doesn't get that far and that Customer Relations makes a better offer.
Crampedin13A and Stez like this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Right you are. 100K was for the wife and I.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
i flew from LHR-DXB in F (award) during a strike a few years ago and was given no F service and limited amenities. BA didn't feel the need to give me anything just an apology . lol
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Amex, FPC, IHG Ambassador, Aeroplan,BA
We also scooped 50000 each for old first a couple of years ago, on another F flight, they were short of duvets and gave the hubby one from J (he couldn't have cared less) and after profusely apologizing the flight attendant surprised him with a bag filled with 36 little bottles of Johnnie Walker Black, lol It was totally unneccesary but appreciated!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:44 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
What? You get bedding offered in F? As I posted before, in my four flights in F Autumn 2017, seat bedding was proactively provided once only. On the last flight I was told bedding was now provided 'on demand only'. Customer Relations response was a phone call of apology and nothing more. So avoiding F this year with BA.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LPQ
What? You get bedding offered in F? As I posted before, in my four flights in F Autumn 2017, seat bedding was proactively provided once only. On the last flight I was told bedding was now provided 'on demand only'. Customer Relations response was a phone call of apology and nothing more. So avoiding F this year with BA.
The bedding has always been on request, the crew will not know when you wish to sleep unless you tell them. Whilst 99 times out of 100 the crew will ask you to let them know when you want your bed made up, all it takes is a hit of the call bell and a request to make the bed up whilst you “freshen up”. Bedding is provided on all First flights, including daytime flights. The non-provision of bedding is the exception, not the rule and is likely a consequence of some pre-departure mishap with loading.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Mar 30, 2018 at 12:22 am Reason: Fat fingers
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Only half of the F bedding was loaded on my A380 flight to LAX last week, and as I had a drawn out dinner I ended up with the CW stuff. Not good enough really. No comp proactively offered on board either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.