Rather odd queuing behaviour !

Old Mar 29, 18, 3:42 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lancashire
Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 2,360
Rather odd queuing behaviour !

I am currently sat in the CCR, having scored a personal best time ealier today when whizzing through the First Wing - "HBO is the way to go"

The line for F check-in was out of the door (Easter hols no doubt) but I did think it was rather strange that all the people waiting had walked past the remarkably quiet Club desks

Did they just not notice ? Perhaps the F Wing exerted a magical pull ? Or was it just snobbery ?
Fitch is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 3:56 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Posts: 890
Snobbery
deboyzoned is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 3:56 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brighton. UK
Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
Posts: 10,682
"We've paid for F so we're jolly well going to have the full F experience even if it means we have to queue for 1/2 an hour dear"


Are the staff doing any filtering and suggesting people use the CW desks?
UKtravelbear is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:01 am
  #4  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 12,550
Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
I am currently sat in the CCR, having scored a personal best time ealier today when whizzing through the First Wing - "HBO is the way to go"

The line for F check-in was out of the door (Easter hols no doubt) but I did think it was rather strange that all the people waiting had walked past the remarkably quiet Club desks

Did they just not notice ? Perhaps the F Wing exerted a magical pull ? Or was it just snobbery ?
Why didn't you use South Fast Track straight through to the Millionaire's Door? Usually much quicker than the First Wing.

Did you just not notice ? Perhaps the F Wing exerted a magical pull ? Or was it just snobbery?
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:01 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 119
I flew F last Easter (F and Gold) and they were filtering actual F passengers out of the queue and taking them straight to the front. I'm off again on Saturday and if they're not doing the same, i'll happily stroll to a CW/Econ check in desk it to avoid waiting...
liamrugby is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:14 am
  #6  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N/A
Programs: Go Fish
Posts: 4,400
Queueing? Is that what the masses do so I can stroll pass them?
rockflyertalk, Pack and benjai like this.
nufnuf77 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:20 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 119
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Queueing? Is that what the masses do so I can stroll pass them?
I think the done thing is to tap them on your head with the Gold card as you pass. Unless they're displaying a Bronze card on their luggage, then you double tap.
nufnuf77, benjai and cruisr like this.
liamrugby is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:21 am
  #8  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N/A
Programs: Go Fish
Posts: 4,400
Originally Posted by liamrugby View Post
I think the done thing is to tap them on your head with the Gold card as you pass. Unless they're displaying a Bronze card on their luggage, then you double tap.
haha, yes, whilst certain unnamed member of the forum loundly says: let me through I am an emerald @Charlie26r
nufnuf77 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:32 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Glasgow, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by liamrugby View Post
I think the done thing is to tap them on your head with the Gold card as you pass. Unless they're displaying a Bronze card on their luggage, then you double tap.
As a Bronze (albeit tagless in the luggage department), I can confirm the correct protocol is not a double-tap, but a long-press tap (think of opening a menu on an iPhone). Once you've been touched by the greatness of a Gold card, each precious second it lingers counts
nufnuf77, deboyzoned and kosy91 like this.
GM1985 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:52 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 2,131
I've seen this at the T3 First desks too where that little separate area can be jam packed while the adjacent Club desks are empty.

Personally I don't care where I check in but I often find that the queue for the First desks at T5 is the shortest, even during school holidays. Will see what it looks like tomorrow.
Houminer likes this.
Steve_ZA is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:58 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: BAEC GGL
Posts: 417
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post

haha, yes, whilst certain unnamed member of the forum loundly says: let me through I am an emerald @Charlie26r
Rather reminiscent of the Emerald holders during the JFK debacle of boarding. Im Spartacus; no Im Spartacus!
teledude, kosy91 and nufnuf77 like this.
Charlie26r is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread