Rather odd queuing behaviour !

Old Mar 29, 18, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Rather odd queuing behaviour !

I am currently sat in the CCR, having scored a personal best time ealier today when whizzing through the First Wing - "HBO is the way to go"

The line for F check-in was out of the door (Easter hols no doubt) but I did think it was rather strange that all the people waiting had walked past the remarkably quiet Club desks

Did they just not notice ? Perhaps the F Wing exerted a magical pull ? Or was it just snobbery ?
Old Mar 29, 18, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Snobbery
Old Mar 29, 18, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
"We've paid for F so we're jolly well going to have the full F experience even if it means we have to queue for 1/2 an hour dear"

Are the staff doing any filtering and suggesting people use the CW desks?
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
I am currently sat in the CCR, having scored a personal best time ealier today when whizzing through the First Wing - "HBO is the way to go"

The line for F check-in was out of the door (Easter hols no doubt) but I did think it was rather strange that all the people waiting had walked past the remarkably quiet Club desks

Did they just not notice ? Perhaps the F Wing exerted a magical pull ? Or was it just snobbery ?
Why didn't you use South Fast Track straight through to the Millionaire's Door? Usually much quicker than the First Wing.

Did you just not notice ? Perhaps the F Wing exerted a magical pull ? Or was it just snobbery?
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:01 am

I flew F last Easter (F and Gold) and they were filtering actual F passengers out of the queue and taking them straight to the front. I'm off again on Saturday and if they're not doing the same, i'll happily stroll to a CW/Econ check in desk it to avoid waiting...
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Queueing? Is that what the masses do so I can stroll pass them?
rockflyertalk, Pack and benjai like this.
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Queueing? Is that what the masses do so I can stroll pass them?
I think the done thing is to tap them on your head with the Gold card as you pass. Unless they're displaying a Bronze card on their luggage, then you double tap.
nufnuf77, benjai and cruisr like this.
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Originally Posted by liamrugby View Post
I think the done thing is to tap them on your head with the Gold card as you pass. Unless they're displaying a Bronze card on their luggage, then you double tap.
haha, yes, whilst certain unnamed member of the forum loundly says: let me through I am an emerald @Charlie26r
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by liamrugby View Post
As a Bronze (albeit tagless in the luggage department), I can confirm the correct protocol is not a double-tap, but a long-press tap (think of opening a menu on an iPhone). Once you've been touched by the greatness of a Gold card, each precious second it lingers counts
nufnuf77, deboyzoned and kosy91 like this.
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've seen this at the T3 First desks too where that little separate area can be jam packed while the adjacent Club desks are empty.

Personally I don't care where I check in but I often find that the queue for the First desks at T5 is the shortest, even during school holidays. Will see what it looks like tomorrow.
Houminer likes this.
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post

haha, yes, whilst certain unnamed member of the forum loundly says: let me through I am an emerald @Charlie26r
Rather reminiscent of the Emerald holders during the JFK debacle of boarding. Im Spartacus; no Im Spartacus!
teledude, kosy91 and nufnuf77 like this.

Search this Thread