FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Rather odd queuing behaviour ! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1901247-rather-odd-queuing-behaviour.html)

Fitch Mar 29, 2018 3:42 am

Rather odd queuing behaviour !

I am currently sat in the CCR, having scored a personal best time ealier today when whizzing through the First Wing - "HBO is the way to go"™ :)

The line for F check-in was out of the door (Easter hols no doubt) but I did think it was rather strange that all the people waiting had walked past the remarkably quiet Club desks :confused:

Did they just not notice ? Perhaps the F Wing exerted a magical pull ? Or was it just snobbery :) ?

deboyzoned Mar 29, 2018 3:56 am

Snobbery

UKtravelbear Mar 29, 2018 3:56 am

"We've paid for F so we're jolly well going to have the full F experience even if it means we have to queue for 1/2 an hour dear"

Are the staff doing any filtering and suggesting people use the CW desks?

Tobias-UK Mar 29, 2018 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Fitch (Post 29579599)
I am currently sat in the CCR, having scored a personal best time ealier today when whizzing through the First Wing - "HBO is the way to go"™ :)

The line for F check-in was out of the door (Easter hols no doubt) but I did think it was rather strange that all the people waiting had walked past the remarkably quiet Club desks :confused:

Did they just not notice ? Perhaps the F Wing exerted a magical pull ? Or was it just snobbery :) ?

Why didn't you use South Fast Track straight through to the Millionaire's Door? Usually much quicker than the First Wing.

Did you just not notice ? Perhaps the F Wing exerted a magical pull ? Or was it just snobbery? :p :D

liamrugby Mar 29, 2018 4:01 am

I flew F last Easter (F and Gold) and they were filtering actual F passengers out of the queue and taking them straight to the front. I'm off again on Saturday and if they're not doing the same, i'll happily stroll to a CW/Econ check in desk it to avoid waiting...

nufnuf77 Mar 29, 2018 4:14 am

Queueing? Is that what the masses do so I can stroll pass them?

liamrugby Mar 29, 2018 4:20 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 29579663)
Queueing? Is that what the masses do so I can stroll pass them?

I think the done thing is to tap them on your head with the Gold card as you pass. Unless they're displaying a Bronze card on their luggage, then you double tap.

nufnuf77 Mar 29, 2018 4:21 am

Originally Posted by liamrugby (Post 29579678)
I think the done thing is to tap them on your head with the Gold card as you pass. Unless they're displaying a Bronze card on their luggage, then you double tap.

haha, yes, whilst certain unnamed member of the forum loundly says: let me through I am an emerald @Charlie26r

GM1985 Mar 29, 2018 4:32 am

Originally Posted by liamrugby (Post 29579678)

As a Bronze (albeit tagless in the luggage department), I can confirm the correct protocol is not a double-tap, but a long-press tap (think of opening a menu on an iPhone). Once you've been touched by the greatness of a Gold card, each precious second it lingers counts ;)

Steve_ZA Mar 29, 2018 4:52 am

I've seen this at the T3 First desks too where that little separate area can be jam packed while the adjacent Club desks are empty.

Personally I don't care where I check in but I often find that the queue for the First desks at T5 is the shortest, even during school holidays. Will see what it looks like tomorrow.

Charlie26r Mar 29, 2018 4:58 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 29579681)

haha, yes, whilst certain unnamed member of the forum loundly says: let me through I am an emerald @Charlie26r

Rather reminiscent of the Emerald holders during the JFK debacle of boarding. I’m Spartacus; no I’m Spartacus!