Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to retain UK call centres in house

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Delighted by the news, and happy for the staffers at MAN and NCL. I regularly do our bookings over the phone, and have always had cheerful and helpful service. Indeed, my only Golden Tickets have gone to NCL staffers!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Brilliant result and I can only add my voice to the others showering praise on the GGL team. Consistently excellent and a credit to the airline.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It’s not over yet as they have to vote yes to BAs proposals for new working processes and you can be sure that they are not going to be a change for the better!
Brighterside, cbagent and Anonba like this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Dougzz.
Spot on. Agree 100%
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
Another vote for the Newcastle call centre after a very good experience this morning. It's such a relief when you get through to somebody a) incredibly competent and b) willing to go the extra mile. Not sure if I'm allowed to name staff here (?) so I won't, but will submit a well done / thank you or whatever online.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by V10
A very sensible decision.
I blame Alex Cruz.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
A bit late to the party but feel the need to add my approval to this move by BA. People dealing with the customer should be employees. Particularly glad that Capita lost out. I dealt with them professionally 12 years ago and they were dreadful them but at least profitable. Now they have new management desperate to save the company by reducing costs and raising capital , I cannot see the service to clients improving. While I have some concerns for the employees, I suspect Capita will either shrink rapidly or go the same way as Carillion.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
+1 from a very helpful UK call centre yesterday trying to book the same flight my friend had just booked which was invisible on ba.com

Such a pleasant change to speak to an engaging human being rather than one reading off a script.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by quakered
While I have some concerns for the employees, I suspect Capita will either shrink rapidly or go the same way as Carillion.
TUPE works both ways. Employment conditions of employees of Capita (or any other outsourcing company) doing work for another company are protected if the work is in-sourced much as they would be protected if it was out-sourced. They do have to be dedicated to the job being done (not, for example, providing services to several companies such as a cleaner who cleans the offices of several companies during a workday) and some other conditions, but as long as there's a transfer of undertakings from Capita to another company (including the one for whom the services are provided, so in-sourcing) TUPE should apply.

Obviously if Capita just goes bankrupt or makes the people redundant, TUPE doesn't apply, but many companies might well in-source rather than see service provision end suddenly if Capita looked close to collapse.

Slightly off the BA topic, though it might well be applicable to BA in-sourcing any of the things they already out-sourced in the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.