Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

6 things i enjoyed about my recent BA experience

6 things i enjoyed about my recent BA experience

Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by lighting
I think the replies are telling me not to bother posting in future.
I liked your post too, there is every merit in sharing good experiences alongside those that are disappointing. Yes, BA can hardly be seen anymore as being at the pinnacle of first or business class, but that record has been played many times. What it CAN do, and does (albeit inconsistently) is provide good service and catering within the confines of cabins that are sufficiently comfortable for those flying on the routes it operates. First food can be highly enjoyable or somewhat disappointing, and it's excellent that yours was to a high standard, and it is good to see comments about the upgraded Club World soft product. It is good that someone who doesn't like flying gets a pleasant experience on BA, and given the airline flies thousands of people every day (and does sustain some loyalty), it is nice to see that it can still impress.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Lighting (OP), I enjoyed your post and I wonder if the comments mocking your description of the lamb being better than most pubs come from people who simply don't get out very often and have overlooked the emergence of the gastropub in the UK over the past 20 years.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I liked the OP's post. Don't go away! BA can be good when all works well. Unfortunately, that does not apply to all journeys on BA!!

Krispy - The Hand and Flowers is massively over-rated and too expensive for what it is. We ate there earlier this year, and it was pub food at Michelin prices. Staff were great, but food was only "OK". I have had better meals in BA F.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I would perhaps draw your attention to the 15 or so people who have registered a Like on your posting, which quite a good stack in my view. If things go more or less well, as they did for you, it's difficult to add much by way of a follow-up, whereas when the sheriff's horse throws a wobbly then there will be some insightful suggestions to get an Arabian steed next time or some such. Hi ho silver and happy future flightings lighting!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I didn't know BA carried horses.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Not at all. With one exception, I have always found BA First to be an outstanding experience and agree with your comments.
I could add some flowery anecdotes, but do not feel the need to justify my satisfaction.
Andriyko likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ lighting - good to read your report ^

You shouldn’t be put off at all by what might be considered less-than-enthusiastic reactions to your experience. Your personal views are exactly that - and in that sense, they are as valid as those of any other poster.

That said, if you feel at all disappointed by the reaction, you might want to take just a few minutes to look at some of the posts that follow the many reports of flights by unhappy customers - particularly where those passengers feel they have been let down by crew rather than the product itself. Whilst most posts are sympathetic, other posts can be rather less so - ranging from implications of blame for the passenger concerned (sounds like it was your fault .....you seem to have the wrong attitude) to more blunt comments (along the lines of .... why don’t you just fly another airline, BA won’t miss you ....)

In essence, BA are much like most other airlines, hotels or restaurants : they can all, respectively, be very very good ; very very poor ; or somewhere in between. And standards / quality can - often for no immediately discernible reason - vary enormously from one day to the next.

I would urge you to continue to post but in doing so bear in mind that the Forum is - as a fellow FT-er said recently (in fact just earlier today, IIRC) little more than an internet chat room (as opposed to a Fan Club), albeit one with a good deal of interesting / entertaining stuff to be found.
lukew likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.