Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

6 things i enjoyed about my recent BA experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:10 am
Original Poster

I don't enjoy flying, i don't care what class i'm travelling in, being confined to a metal tube with bad air, bad food and other people is not something i enjoy on any level (I know thats quite an ironic statement considering the forum i'm posting on).

It's rare i have positive comments about flying, especially when it comes to BA, so after my recent First flight to Boston and CW return, i thought i would post some positives.

1) The crew in all lounges and onboard were superb, i genuinely mean that.

2) The meal i had in the concorde lounge was of high quality.

3) The lamb in First on the way out was easily the best thing i have eaten on a plane. In fact it was better than most pubs would serve. I was in shock. I heard two other passengers say the same thing.

4) Boarding from the lounge in Boston was great.

5) Being able to state what time i wanted my breakfast and what i wanted upon boarding is a great idea. Not sure how long they have been doing this but its smart, (they had run out of wash bags so i didnt get one).

6) The White company pack you get in CW is a very welcome addition. I had a 10.15pm flght, so as soon as we were up, i made the bed using everything in the pack and slept the entire flight until i was woken up 45 mins before landing with my breakfast smoothie and coffee (coffee still appalling). I have never been able to sleep on a plane before. Being able to sleep also meant i swerved having to step over someone's legs to go to the loo or walk in CW.

Had to include a few niggles

Last edited by lighting; Mar 28, 2018 at 6:27 am
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
I think the CCR plates need a wider rim...
'andad, MrPrice16, TPRun and 8 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:18 am
Suspended

LHR-BOS also has some flights operated by lesser-bad air aluminium tubes, which could add more icing on the cake for future trips.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Mar 28, 2018 at 6:33 am
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by lighting

3) The lamb in First on the way out was easily the best thing i have eaten on a plane. In fact it was better than most pubs would serve. I was in shock. I heard two other passengers say the same thing.

LOL, that is BA on-board catering in a nutshell ... often better than most pubs would serve
lukew, headingwest and passy777 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
LOL, that is BA on-board catering in a nutshell ... often better than most pubs would serve
Yes, it sets a new benchmark for for plane food quality😀

However, the pub beer selection would easily outrank the onboard selection
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Superior hub grub? 😁
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
If your local pub is the Hand & Flowers in Marlow, that's not too bad :-)
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

I think the replies are telling me not to bother posting in future.
phred007 and richi like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I fear that you've made the mistake of posting something positive about flying on BA. There are many people here who can't stand the thought of flying BA, who only ever fly airlines which provide a far superior experience, who consider every aspect of BA's product to be complete rubbish, and who think that anyone who does fly BA is stupid - and yet who spend all of their FT lives haunting the BA board instead of the boards of the airlines that they do actually fly. (If any.)
Padmeister, subsea, Hilde and 12 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Here we go... the forum sheriffs are arriving.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:27 am

Please continue posting, I enjoy reading this. I have never tried BA F before but have tried on different Star Alliance. Hopefully I can try on BA F one day also.

Good to hear you enjoyed the trip. I am currently on a Tier Point run myself netting 1020 TP in one trip.
lighting and krispy84 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:28 am

I enjoyed your post, and I agree. I've flown F on BA twice and enjoyed it both times. I plan to fly BA in F to LHR twice next April (Virgin may sway me for one leg though). Is BA as good as some other F experiences? No. However, I don't understand all the hate for BA in this group. If there is a bad experience then lets talk about it, but be specific. Complaining in generalities and making fun of OP for sharing their experience doesn't help anyone.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:02 am

I've not read any of the replies to your post to be overly critical of the OP itself. Certainly tongue in cheek, in some cases, which one might perhaps argue should be expected on a forum dominated by Brits discussing British Airways. Your post however, doubtlessly, is much appreciated by everyone here and your views on BA's product most welcome.

I flew BA F to DME last year, and had a thoroughly pleasant time. The food was good, ditto the wine. (The lounge situation at DME, however, was abysmal, and I think BA ought be ashamed of that.)
lighting likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Thank you for your post lighting and for taking the time to post your pictures, I enjoyed reading your summary too. Sounded like a great experience and one which I enjoy too on BA F which I recently did to LAX on the 789.

Please don't be discouraged from posting as it is after all the BA Board and the posts are a little bit tongue in cheek I think given the emoji faces.

A long as YOU enjoyed it that's all counts, nothing else and no one else matters.

8 likes so far is good going for the BA Board!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Please continue posting lighting. You should disregard all the jokes and sarcasm. Unfortunately, the BAEC forum has become a very hostile place for anyone posting anything good about BA. And, also unfortunately, rather than post on the forums of other airlines about their wonderful experiences, some people insist on sticking around here adding little value or substance. What's important is that you enjoyed the flight and you don't owe anyone an explanation of your choices and tastes.
Padmeister and lighting like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.