Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Executive Club Lifetime Gold

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA
I didn't know that maybe you have a better iPad Learn something new every day.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Firemin
Lifetime gold in 2yrs is average of 1500tps a month! What sort of flying pattern were you doing?
2nd this! I’d love to hear how you achieved this in such a short space of time, if you are able to share with us of course...
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
It's about one first return a month, when we opened a new office abroad I managed to accumulate just over 15,000 tier points in one year! I am just short of GFL but it seems I will only be making silver when my new year starts!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Perhaps we can see if the OP can offer some guidance as to how he suddenly became, from no previous travel on BA, a LTG in 2 years.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Mar 27, 2018 at 11:47 pm Reason: Rule 12.1
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by pablol
I'm not necessarily suggesting this poster is a troll, but there do seem to be an awful lot of posts like this.

Rather than responding, perhaps we can see if the OP can offer some guidance as to how he suddenly became, from no previous travel on BA, a LTG in 2 years.
See some further history here:
Lifetime Gold or Gold Guest List
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Originally Posted by yb90
It's about one first return a month, when we opened a new office abroad I managed to accumulate just over 15,000 tier points in one year! I am just short of GFL but it seems I will only be making silver when my new year starts!
I'm not sure your math works. A F a month, gets you about 6000.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Mar 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm Reason: Remove personal attack
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by yb90
I think you meant a week.

24 * 420 = 10080 (1 per calender month)

24 * 4 * 42 = 40320 (1 per 4 weeks monthly)
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR, HHonors DIA
I'm doing the maths here also, even is he does a double legger in F its 900 TPs per return leg, so 10800 in a one year period. So if he does 17 double legged flights in F in a year its doable. One return in F every 3 weeks.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Mar 28, 2018 at 6:31 am Reason: Edit quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider

Both share the same icon, different from Gold. If you click on it, it will show whether it’s GfL or GGLfL.
i assume it can only do that or GL? so would it show as GL or GfL if one is both?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:12 pm

That's a really good point, Are you asking about GGL and GFL or a person having GFL and GGLFL
I assume if one is GGLFL then they would automatically be GFL therefore due to the order GGLFL would show.
As for GGL and GFL, I would assume GGL as they would be higher in order however if you clicked on the icon it would show the profile.

As a side note, I don't think many crew know what all these terms actually mean.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by BABenchley
As for GGL and GFL, I would assume GGL as they would be higher in order
Interesting! It's the first time I learn GfL and GGLfL are shown on the iPad! Do they show both on the passenger list (ie the list ordered by seat number) as well as the seat map, or only when accessing the profile? A few CSDs showed me in the past. I would see the Gold card with "GL" on the passenger list view and the "GL" label on the seat map (which I believe both identify GGLs). As you can tell I am somehow intrigued by what info is available on the iPad (pure trivial curiosity!)... Out of curiosity, how is the icon/label different from the "GL" used for GGLs?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:58 am

They should not be showing you due to data protection. You are right about the GL on the seat map.
Like I said I'm not 100% because I don't have lots of time to faff around with the PIL before a flight.
The icon is just GL with the crown for both GFL / GGLFL and will show which tier when clicked onto profile. The GGL icon shows without entering the profile.

I've heard that all Flyertalkers have a bright yellow warning! icon
rockflyertalk and SuperstarDJ like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Do we know how many GfL and GGLfL there are in the BAEC?
Rather morbidly... I wonder how the list is ‘maintained’?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Perhaps we can see if the OP can offer some guidance as to how he suddenly became, from no previous travel on BA, a LTG in 2 years.
DM me to find out more!

Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Well thank you for removing 'personal attack' even if I was a troll you should not let this disturb you to that extent. I could correct my post but I have nothing to prove, good day to you my friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.