Wiki Posts
Search

When do Bassinets open?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
When do Bassinets open?

I'm flying 1pm Sunday. I thought the bassinet seats opened up T-72, but currently the seat map is still showing the bassinets blocked. Admittedly, they could all be taken by infants, but I feel thats probably unlikely?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by bermyandy
I'm flying 1pm Sunday. I thought the bassinet seats opened up T-72, but currently the seat map is still showing the bassinets blocked. Admittedly, they could all be taken by infants, but I feel thats probably unlikely?
I don't think you can move to a bassinet position online can you? Certainly never been able to do it in MMB myself. I believe you need to call up.

The advice I have successfully followed is to call up between T-48 and T-24. I was still Silver last time I did this and they were able to action it no problem.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call up if you need - however check your Seat Map on the free version of "Seat Alerts" app by Expert Flyer

You'll at least know if occupied or blocked
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
for me its always been open on T-36, then i book the seat on RJ.com
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
I don't think you can move to a bassinet position online can you? Certainly never been able to do it in MMB myself. I believe you need to call up.
No, you can't. But they do appear in MMB as available at a certain point (even though you can't select them) and I don't think there's much point in calling up until that time.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
No, you can't. But they do appear in MMB as available at a certain point (even though you can't select them) and I don't think there's much point in calling up until that time.
Yeah so thats what I mean - normally it shows available in MMB and then you call...
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex BD*S)
Flying at 14:15 on Sunday. Just spoke with the BA Gold line asking to get moved to one of the bassinet positions which is currently showing as blocked on ExpertFlyer and not open yet on MMB.

The lovely agent called Heathrow who said they couldn't assign the seat just yet, but should be able to do so tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Yes you can, but not using BA.COM and instead going via RJ.com but only at T-36
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by bermyandy
You're not on BA17 by any chance?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by aidy
Yes you can, but not using BA.COM and instead going via RJ.com but only at T-36
Handy tip, thanks! ^ And not widely known it would seem....
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by aidy
for me its always been open on T-36, then i book the seat on RJ.com
Mind giving some guidance on how you can select via RJ.com - have tried both the Seat Select and Manage my Booking Options and neither is providing a link to change a pure BA seat selection. Thanks! (am within 36hrs of the flight as well)

Pilot37
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:58 am

i dont have a booking so i cant see, but you scroll near the bottom and its called extras (or something like that), click into it and you can do it.

Please process is clunky but it works
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:12 pm

For a flight on Sunday (AA ticketed on BA flight number), I was able to change to the bassinet seats on RJ.com at T-36. My BA record still shows me at my old seat, while AA and RJ show me in the new seat. ExpertFlyer shows my old seat blocked and new seat taken.

I'm unable to do online checkin for the first leg on AA (likely due to visa checks) so won't get a boarding pass for a while.

Do you think it's ok if the BA record still shows my old seat? Does it take a while to update? I don't want to lose both my new and old seat (most of the cabin is full).

Edit: After about an hour, the BA record changed as well, so I'm happy now.

Thanks aidy for the RJ trick.
aidy likes this.

Last edited by Pocalypse; Mar 23, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Old May 1, 2019, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Mind giving some guidance on how you can select via RJ.com - have tried both the Seat Select and Manage my Booking Options and neither is providing a link to change a pure BA seat selection. Thanks! (am within 36hrs of the flight as well)

Pilot37
also have trouble finding how to select BA seat on RJ.com. Any tips much appreciated.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I believe the RJ trick has been pulled a couple weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.