Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access when on non OW flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by vytas315
You should contact EK for a status match. They'll likely match you to Silver. When is your return flight? Already too late for this week....

You contact them through their online feedback form, supply a picture of your status card from another airline. They are rather liberal with their match, but only match one tier higher than where you are. So if you have no status, they will quickly match you to silver. If in the unlikely event you hit silver after your first flight, they would match you to gold so sometimes worth flying without status until you hit silver.

Good luck!
I am BA Gold. Outbound flight this Friday eve, returning Satuday week.

I had no idea you could so such a thing. Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Smile

Originally Posted by vytas315
You should contact EK for a status match. They'll likely match you to Silver. When is your return flight? Already too late for this week....

You contact them through their online feedback form, supply a picture of your status card from another airline. They are rather liberal with their match, but only match one tier higher than where you are. So if you have no status, they will quickly match you to silver. If in the unlikely event you hit silver after your first flight, they would match you to gold so sometimes worth flying without status until you hit silver.

Good luck!
Ok I am probably being super dumb here, but I cannot for the life of me see where within the website to actually mail that picture over to them. The 'contact us' section seems to be a formulaic FAQ thing that doesn't have a contact option for miscellaneous queries. Any pointers? I am assuming the problem is just me ;-)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
To fully round out the topic, it should be noted here that BA Gold and Silver members get access to the Aer Lingus Gold Circle lounges at DUB and LHR when travelling on EI - which is a non OW airline. This was also the case even before EI became an IAG airline.
Interesting, I can't see anything about this on the EI website's lounge access guide:

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...-lounge-access
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Interesting, I can't see anything about this on the EI website's lounge access guide:

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...-lounge-access
See:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19761480-post19.html
No more Aer Lingus lounge access with BA Gold?
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:34 am

What would be great would be the ability to buy or spend avios on additional guest passes so that you could bring extra guests. I guess they could have some kind of capacity controls so this was only allowed at quieter times.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
orgasmic almond croissants
could be messy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.