Honeymoon trip in First next week

Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by cpdc1030
Has this ever worked, for anyone? I'm 0/6 for attempts so far.
First time we tried we couldn't get one in advance. Told them how poor the service when we got to airport so they phoned the spa at B terminal and we got one there.

This time we have managed to get one appointment at 9.20 as don't take bookings before 9. Fight is 10.35 out of T3 so not sure there are a huge amount of first flights before us.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by whiteheatsyd
Told them how poor the service when we got to airport so they phoned the spa at B terminal and we got one there.
The spa at T5B is a useful source of extra appointment slots, but telling the T5A spa people how little you think of their service is definitely not a precondition to making that happen. All you need to do is to ask whether the T5B spa might have any slots.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:46 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by ohit
It probably can't. Where have I said I'm expecting the flight experience to match the wedding itself?

With anything, the journey is just as important (to me) as the destination. I did ask how best to inform BA of the reason for our trip, to give them that chance you describe. Thank you to all for suggesting I talk to the cabin crew. Will do.
I'm sorry, but it reads like: How can I get BA to surprise me and my bride, and will BA confirm that they will surprise me and my bride? Doesn't sound probable to me. The best advice has already been given to you.

If you go into it with the expectation that you are going to be treated like royalty, you are heading for massive disappointment. Just enjoy your time on board with your bride. You do the making a fuss of her and if on the off-chance the crew overhear you talking about it being your honeymoon, who knows?
Phil the Flyer and HMPS like this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
The spa at T5B is a useful source of extra appointment slots, but telling the T5A spa people how little you think of their service is definitely not a precondition to making that happen. All you need to do is to ask whether the T5B spa might have any slots.
Just to clarify we complain to BA staff in a nice manor not to the spa people. At the time we didn't know that there was a spa at T5B
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
I'm totally lost here. You've booked an F flight, you've got all your wedding and honeymoon planned.

Great - go and enjoy it! No idea what all this 'what will BA do for me' stuff is about. Special occasions are 2 a penny for an airline - should they acknowledge them all and lay on extra amenities?
HMPS and Padmeister like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:37 am
Original Poster

I forgot to post an update... it all went great. Told the air crew when I boarded and they arranged a signed card and bottle of champagne to take away with us.
The B787 planes are fantastic and BA First on there very good.
Thanks all
sgm, orbitmic, Padmeister and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:56 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by ohit
I forgot to post an update... it all went great. Told the air crew when I boarded and they arranged a signed card and bottle of champagne to take away with us.
The B787 planes are fantastic and BA First on there very good.
Thanks all
Indeed. We much prefer the 787 and crew from AUH.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
in my experience simply engaging with CC and treating them as you would like to be treated works wonders and often leads to them going above and beyond both in terms of service and additional benefits ie being slipped the odd bottle of fizz, irrespective of the reason for flying
Padmeister likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.