Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon trip in First next week

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC bronze
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
... which I can see you've taken on board anyway.
nice.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:16 am
Aman Contributor Badge

When we got married many years ago, we were just flying tourist class for a short European flight with KLM. My husband had infomed them it was our honeymoon and we were surprised with a small bottle of sparkling wine (normally not served in tourist class). They gave it to us descretely with a little "don`t tell anyone, it is not something we serve to tourist class passengers, but of course for you and congratulations". On the way back we got some wedding cake as well. Really nice little surprises for us back then. Obviously the first class service is much better for everyone there, but I am sure there would be a little surprise they could think of. Dependent on your wife, you could for example bring some confetti or flowers to decorate her seat when she is away for a little while.

Last edited by Musken; Mar 19, 2018 at 10:34 am
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Musken
...................... Dependent on your wife, you could for example bring some confetti or flowers to decorate her seat when she is away for a little while.
Nice thought.

Then again, the OP might just get lucky and find that the cabin hasn’t had a full clean at turnaround, such that there are various ‘mementos’ left by the previous seat occupant - including (hopefully) something resembling confetti .......
HMPS and Oncewild like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:44 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BAW2
nice.
Thankful to see my word play isn’t lost on everyone. I shall celebrate with a pint tonight .

Right, back to rubber chickens and hairbrushes inserted in places most of us would prefer not to think about. Clearly far more intriguing ...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by flatlander
If you haven't booked a spa appointment yet, call You First and try for one. Other than that, lie back and think of England
Has this ever worked, for anyone? I'm 0/6 for attempts so far.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by cpdc1030
Has this ever worked, for anyone?
Yup, plenty of people report success: see
  • [*]
for example.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I’m not much of a ‘spa person’ myself, and can’t claim 0/6.

But I did call You First to try to book one a couple of weeks in advance of my flight earlier this month. I was told there was nothing available at the time - but that there would almost certainly be something on offer on a ‘walk-up’ basis, if I simply dropped by the Elemis desk whilst at the CCR. There was indeed : a massage chair
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by albpenny
I'll be doing F to SCL next month and will tell the crew it's our honeymoon when we board for no reason other than i fully expect to be overly excited and too chatty when we take our seats.
This all boils down to the state of the mind / mood of the particular crew.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
I have a 100% success rate - 4/4. Very easy every time.
ringingup likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

But I did call You First to try to book one a couple of weeks in advance of my flight earlier this month. I was told there was nothing available at the time
A couple of weeks in advance is definitely too late.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:36 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Hi OP

What hotel are you staying in - in Abu Dhabi?
Doending on your answer you’ll probably find you’ll be more fussed over here in Abu Dhabi than with BA in the air.

Let me me know if you want any recommendations for good dinner or date places. Lived here for 2 years and we are newlyweds as well.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
We flew to/from Vancouver in F for our honeymoon. On the way out they asked if we'd flown in F before, which led to a conversation about why we were flying...We were given a very nice bottle of champagne just before we landed.

On the way home the crew asked if we'd had a good trip etc, we said it'd been our honeymoon, & we got another bottle of champagne to take home and, much more impressively, the entire crew - including the pilots - signed the paper chart they used to plot the route and gave it to us as we disembarked.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​We had no expectations (being in F was special enough) but on both legs the crew were absolutely brilliant. They did a great job of seeming interested in our trip (we were going to Alaska so it was quite exciting for us too!), plied us with drinks, and were thoroughly lovely throughout.

​​​​​​The only disappointing thing is that we sent an email in afterwards to commend both sets of crew and didn't hear a peep. I hope they got some kind of recognition.
​​
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by travelwithross
What hotel are you staying in - in Abu Dhabi?
Doending on your answer you’ll probably find you’ll be more fussed over here in Abu Dhabi than with BA in the air.
Actually, I suspect it is rather true regardless of his answer!
LTN Phobia and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I guess it's best to keep one's expectations reasonable and not get bothered if your expectations are not met.

Hopefully they will be met though.

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I have never ever seen a whole chicken onboard, alive, dead, plucked or unplucked, I’m sure it was a rubber one.
A friend of mine working in Ukraine had to offload a passenger who was trying to bring on board live, loose* chickens as hand luggage. They didn't want them free range in the cabin.

(This was not on BA...)

*Not even in a pet carrier
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by ohit
I'd rather BA make the effort, if they want to.
I imagine BA gets thousands of honeymooners, 30th anniversary, 50th birthday etc each year. So I would keep expectations low if you are expecting the airline to make all the running on any special celebrations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.