Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon trip in First next week

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
If you'd like a signed card, how about buying a card that you like and when you go and have a quiet word with your crew member to explain that this is your honeymoon, you could give him/her the card and ask if he/she would mind very much getting his/her colleagues to sign your card so that you can keep a souvenir of your honeymoon trip? I'm sure that they will be very happy to.
I'd rather BA make the effort, if they want to.
HMPS likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ohit
They don't have cards, so if the crew think of signing something (and they may very well not do so) they'd have to sign whatever they have at hand like maybe a menu or something.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'll be doing F to SCL next month and will tell the crew it's our honeymoon when we board for no reason other than i fully expect to be overly excited and too chatty when we take our seats.
Musken, 747_not_777 and lavajava like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:33 am

Well, on the up side, the weather is only smashing here at the moment. 28 - 30. The sweet spot of the year.

The downside is that AUH is a mixed fleet route, and, how do I put this, the crew generally come across like they are on work experience from 6th form. Don't set your expectation bar too high. My only real advice I could offer is, if the cabin is relatively full (I.e. 7 or 8), don't leave it too late to go to the solitary toilet before landing.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:34 am
Original Poster

They don't have cards, so if the crew think of signing something (and they may very well not do so) they'd have to sign whatever they have at hand like maybe a menu or something.
Signing the menu would be spot on - that's creative effort
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:35 am

We do have cards
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dubh
Well, on the up side, the weather is only smashing here at the moment. 28 - 30. The sweet spot of the year.
My biggest attraction to go there for honeymoon, especially as we can only take 1 week out right now. Anything decent that's shorter becomes a European flight and anything longer we'd want to spend longer away there. Dubai is too busy/common, so AUH it is to lounge around in a fancy hotel.

The downside is that AUH is a mixed fleet route, and, how do I put this, the crew generally come across like they are on work experience from 6th form. Don't set your expectation bar too high. My only real advice I could offer is, if the cabin is relatively full (I.e. 7 or 8), don't leave it too late to go to the solitary toilet before landing.
Anything must be better to our last First experience in a B777!
Thanks for the toilet tip.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MFCC

We do have cards
ah thanks I didn't know!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I purposely didn’t mention the card as I’m sure this is what the crew will do and wanted it to be a surprise, all well.
noFODplease likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I purposely didn’t mention the card as I’m sure this is what the crew will do and wanted it to be a surprise, all well.
Next thread - 'I didn't get the card on my honeymoon flight in F even though they definitely have them'

Only joking OP
GLA and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The solitary toilet is not an issue, stretch your legs back 4/5m and there's the J toilets
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:03 am

Thanks. Tried that, but all booked up. We will try walk-up appointments.
Don't forget to try the one at B gates as well

Originally Posted by GateLouse2
In January we flew in F on our wedding anniversary. We mentioned this quietly as we were being seated. We had the normal high level of friendly service, but as we were about to disembark at the end of the flight the crew discreetly slipped us an unopened bottle of LPGS to take away.
I had the same... a great unexpected gift and beautiful way to start the honeymoon off. Didn't get a card, but I think I prefer the booze :-)
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I think that after all the excitement of the wedding and so on, which will probably be Amazing, you should have modest expectations of a trip on an aeroplane. How can an aeroplane match a wedding that you've planned for forever?

It's only a metal tube in the sky, supported by airflow. Start with low expectations and give someone the chance of exceeding your expectations.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Fingers crossed you avoid a late aircraft change due the current Trent 1000 engine issues. That may well be the most important thing to worry about at this stage...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
If you want anything extra on top of the normal first class service for your wife, you'll need to make arrangements yourself because they can't just pop round to a supermarket for cake decorating pens etc...

You can give it to the crew discreetly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.