Wiki Posts
Search

CW squatters?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by jonas123
Me as I was sitting in front of them and saw it happen!
Sorry I was talking about the OP, hadn’t realised that you had started a sub thread.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Who said they were moved after takeoff?
Originally Posted by jonas123
Not that this happens often, but last year I was on a flight from CPT in CW. There were about 5 empty seats, and after take off, I saw the cabin crew bring 5 passengers forward into these seats from WT. I didn't think much of it, but after overhearing them talk to the cabin crew, it turns out they were staff passengers. Maybe they were entitled to those seats, but it seemed odd that they were upgraded on board rather than given the seats from the start.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
A similar thing happened on our last CW flight from NAS to LHR. The plane had already flown from GCN to NAS where we boarded. CW was packed with 'staff passengers' that had been moved up by the crew. We (and other CW passengers boarding at NAS) had to ask these passengers to vacate our seats. They did, but they took the CW bedding with them and left the seats covered in litter - my wife's seat left with molten chocolate on it which the crew could not remove so they gave her an extra blanket to sit on.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to hear that bakera, I don’t think the crew would have moved the staff and It sounds like they were staff that had a CW priority but were downgraded by NAS staff due to commercial customers, of course they shouldn’t have taken any bedding and should have been moved before you boarded.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Hmm, the thread's a day old, and still no reply along the lines of "mind your own business OP, nothing to do with you if someone else is upgraded" like we often see in other thematically similar threads.

I would have expected more grumpiness from you lot on a Monday
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Maybe all the defenders of practices which might annoy fare-paying slf are working?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Maybe all the defenders of practices which might annoy fare-paying slf are working?
Or they are squatting 30,000 feet above and have no Wi-Fi.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
CW squatters are a frequent occurence on the DOH - BAH leg of DOH-BAH-LHR
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Were BillyBleech.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
CW squatters are a frequent occurence on the DOH - BAH leg of DOH-BAH-LHR
I would be jolly impressed if that is still the case today given that specific route is long gone (BAH only now).
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
As a UM I was moved up front just prior to landing - once to J, once to F, both times on SQ. Assume it was easier for the crew to keep tabs on me to avoid my walking off in the very empty premium cabins.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jimlad48
I would be jolly impressed if that is still the case today given that specific route is long gone (BAH only now).
Should have said "was". It's been a few years now since I last flew it.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I didn't realise fare paying passengers paid for the rest of the cabin to be empty...

*ducks*
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Similar thing happened on our AZ FCO-EZE flight. The J cabin which was half empty ended up being full after a bunch of nattering women known to the crew invaded it from the back.It was an enjoyable flight nonetheless.
Nattering women and enjoyable in a close confinement....really?? 😋😋
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
So long as the ‘squatters’ are not disrupting your experience, it would be nicer to just let them enjoy. We’ve all had an upgrade that we probably didn’t deserve, either through status, grace or favor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.