Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ex-Eu cannot get to AMS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Ex-Eu cannot get to AMS

My flight sou to Ams has been cancelled tonight meaning I will not get to AMS for the first leg of my exEu trip. Any ideas other than rebooking new flight tomorrow from London?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
More information is required. If you are on separate tickets things are not looking good for you.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Only advice ZI I can give is to see if you can get moved to (or a new ticket for) the LON-AMS operated by the aircraft for your AMS-LON...
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Welcome to FT.

If you mean SOU to AMS then I suspect you will need to find some way of getting yourself to AMS for the start of your separate ticket.

Can you confirm what your ex-EU flights are and who you are booked with. Let’s assume BA, then they won’t let you start in London, I suspect, although you may have had a chance if you’d been booked on BA to AMS in the first place.

Good luck in getting this resolved.

There is a 6.55am flight tomorrow from SOU to AMS, but still think getting a BA flight is your best option.

Edit. According to EF all BE flights on SOU/AMS tomorrow are zeroed out. And BA flights from LHR are showing very little availability tomorrow morning and afternoon. Just the odd J or Y seat left.

Last edited by madfish; Mar 18, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk Accidental tourist, welcome in particular to the BA forum. I hope we can help you with this, but yes, we do need some more information. If LON-AMS was cancelled, was AMS-LON also cancelled? In other words were you doing a back to back? If so then you should have some leverage here in terms of starting your trip from London. But if you could give us some more information about timings then I'm sure someone can come up with some ideas for you. [If it was Southampton then I guess it will be complicated, that was a Flybe service presumably].
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:08 pm

Overnight ferry to Continent and train to AMS?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You probably want to get yourself booked onto the flight that turns into the AMS->destination ex EU, presumably from Heathrow. That way if it's cancelled, the AMS-> leg will also be cancelled and you have more options. If it isn't cancelled, you make the start of the ex-EU. You might need to get someone to meet you landside at LHR with any luggage you want to check as you won't be able to do a B2B with luggage at AMS as I understand things.

[EDIT - in other words, what Fitch said ]
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

It was my Flybe flight on a reward booking that was cancelled from sou. No back to back and tomorrow’s flight looks fine. I may just have struck lucky via a tweet to ba. Looks like ba are going to show “flexibility” I will update when I try to check in tomorrow at T5.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Accidental tourist
It was my Flybe flight on a reward booking that was cancelled from sou. No back to back and tomorrow’s flight looks fine. I may just have struck lucky via a tweet to ba. Looks like ba are going to show “flexibility” I will update when I try to check in tomorrow at T5.
Unless they have said more to you, I certainly wouldn’t take what they put on twitter to mean they will be flexible, especially as this is two separate bookings and one isn’t even with BA.

bisonrav likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks I know a verbal assurance is not worth a lot but I live in hope and will update tomorrow. Either way if I have to rebook I can do that tomorrow and should not have lost a lot in a day. My attitude is anything is better than the nothing I actually legally have ! Thanks for the help everyone
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:24 pm

As others have said, can you get yourself booked on to the outbound LON-AMS that will turn around as AMS-LON? That will solve your problem.

Other ideas:
  • Avios - plenty of seats in both Y and J ex-LHR and ex-LCY tomorrow morning
  • Vueling are still selling LTN-AMS tomorrow morning for £50 (!)
  • Book yourself the cheapest Plus fare for tomorrow, and change your ticket to the flight you want as the clock strikes midnight?!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:13 am
Suspended

Ex eu is only worth bothering with if you have Plans B, C & D.
AdBoy likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Just RFS LHR-AMS for tonight? Loads of availability and only £17.50.

edit: Just realised I'm posting a day late...hope OP made it!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
I hope the OP comes back with how this worked out.
ringingup likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Hope this worked out. If It was a matter of losing a good ex-EU flight I think I'd get pretty freaking creative. Ferry, Eurostar to train, fly to a nearby city and train, etc.
FeedbirdNiner likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.