Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First Lounge London Gatwick | Catering options

Old Apr 6, 18, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the First lounge at LGW. This lounge is open to oneworld Emerald members, and passengers travelling in First oneworld.

Catering options - other LGW lounge
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

Catering options - LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017/2018/2019 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

First Lounge London Gatwick | Catering options

Old Mar 17, 18, 11:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Alvador View Post
Until what time is breakfast available? Trying to decide whether to eat in the Vauxhall Travelodge or the First Lounge before an 11.55 flight to Lima next month! The overnight stay in London avoids the need for an 06.40 flight from Edinburgh.
As with LHR it's 11:45-ish.
Old Apr 7, 18, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Old Apr 7, 18, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Wasn’t expecting LPGS free pour in Gatters today
Old May 22, 18, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Anyone have the lunch / dinner menu?
Old May 23, 18, 12:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Are bread buns available 'self-service' in the LGW Flounge? I ask because I am going to be in there tomorrow morning ahead of the 0810 to HER and I was thinking of knocking myself up a quick sausage sarnie in the short time I will have available to me. I recall from past experience that bread seems to be generally unavailable in the LGW Flounge at breakfast times (and perhaps at other times too) but I don't know if this is actually the case or if it is just me not looking properly.

Last edited by drpabs; May 23, 18 at 1:14 am
Old May 23, 18, 2:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
Anyone have the lunch / dinner menu?
The order menu is the same as T5 + T3, and nearly the same as the CCR Bar menu (no Club sandwich).

The buffet is similar but they don't have a lot of space so typically it's down by one hot meal item and one vegetable item.

Originally Posted by drpabs View Post
Are bread buns available 'self-service' in the LGW Flounge?
Yes there is a bread basket in the corner, it may have to be more sandwich than roll, but if you ask the staff they can probably help you with the loaf ends or some such arrangement.
Old Aug 15, 18, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
It is, but it is probably worth updating ... Flounge LGW now opens at 05:15, the above menu is not available until 07:00 hrs, but the hot buffet is available.
Is it the broader made to order menu (e.g. the burger etc.) thats not live from 7am? Or is it the whole made to order menu (inc breakfast)?

I ask as I have a 7amish flight and would like to go a little off piste from the usual full english buffet run.
Old Aug 16, 18, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by DannoTheManno View Post
Is it the broader made to order menu (e.g. the burger etc.) thats not live from 7am? Or is it the whole made to order menu (inc breakfast)?
It's just the breakfast menu in the mornings - from doors open until 12 noon. If it is quiet and there was something relatively easy to prepare then I guess it may be possible to sweet talk them into giving you that. But it wouldn't surprise me if they said they couldn't do it.
DannoTheManno likes this.
Old Aug 16, 18, 9:42 am

...I guess it may be possible to sweet talk them into giving you that...
I like the sound of that
Old Aug 29, 18, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Trying to decide if on Saturday I should have breakfast at the Hilton Gatwick or in the lounge for a flight departing at 7:40 am. With the made to order menu not kicking off until 7 am, what are the hot buffet options?
Old Aug 29, 18, 4:14 am

Programs: B A Gold
Will be Champagne so what is the decision !

There will be Buffet Beans, Bacon, Eggs, Sausage, Tomato, Mushrooms and Black Pudding along with Fresh Fruits, Yogurts and a selection of Pastries prior to Menu Ordering opening up.
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 29, 18, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by ringingup View Post
Trying to decide if on Saturday I should have breakfast at the Hilton Gatwick or in the lounge for a flight departing at 7:40 am. With the made to order menu not kicking off until 7 am, what are the hot buffet options?
It's fairly similar to the T5 / T3 Flounge offering, only the serving area is a lot smaller (as indeed the lounge is too). Arguably the food is better cooked, they have a much bigger kitchen in LGW, but I can't say I've noticed any difference for breakfast. The Hilton hot buffet breakfast at LGW is one of the best going in Europe, I think only Bankside and perhaps HEL has a better one (under the Hilton specific brand), so given a choice, and given that the LGW Hilton opens for breakfast at 05:30, I would eat there and turn up for the flight around 06:50 if HBO, which will give you time for a coffee before departure. It takes 7 minutes to walk from the Hilton to Premium Gatwick.
Old Aug 29, 18, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Smile

Originally Posted by drpabs View Post
Are bread buns available 'self-service' in the LGW Flounge? I ask because I am going to be in there tomorrow morning ahead of the 0810 to HER and I was thinking of knocking myself up a quick sausage sarnie in the short time I will have available to me. I recall from past experience that bread seems to be generally unavailable in the LGW Flounge at breakfast times (and perhaps at other times too) but I don't know if this is actually the case or if it is just me not looking properly.

If you can bare schlepping it into the CLounge next door with us lowers then we have breads & rolls a plenty sitting around ready for toasting so you could make yourself a sarnie and whip back next door with it. I'll also be checking Sunday if fresh OOJ has been enhanced away in Club as it appears to have been in the FLounges but I haven't flown since this travesty occured the other week so been unable to check.
Old Sep 5, 18, 12:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Flounge LGW now opens at 05:15, the above menu is not available until 07:00 hrs, but the hot buffet is available
Having not read this thread in advance, I was a bit miffed not to have menu breakfast available for my 0715 departure recently.

Seems a bit off not to have this available for the whole of the first wave of short haul departures of the day.

Anyway, one additional item for the knowledge base : freshly made toast is available to order pre 7am.
Old May 17, 19, 6:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Some up-to-date catering photos from the LGW GF (menu should be the same as LHR GFs)

Search this Thread