Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F Galleries Lounge T5 guest behaviour

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
It's not just the F lounge. Really got my goat in the B lounge a few weeks ago...
I hate when people bring their goats into the lounge 😉😉😉

Unless it's a formally registered emotional support goat?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by stuart_f
Last time I was in the lounge one of the loud talking types was discussing with, I presume his marketing department, which website addresses would be needed to launch their new product. After what seemed like hours of listening to this guy bellowing into his headset my colleague had finally had enough and opened his laptop and registered the 3 addresses in question. Sadly we left before hearing the fallout.
Nice. How dumb in an age of such easy registration to blab openly about domain names. I’d be looking to sell them on
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:45 pm
Suspended

I was at an AA regional gate the other day - small area serving two gates - limited seating - headed to a college town - one of the most prestigious universities around - a woman and daughter have six seats between them facing each other 3 and 3 - both in the center - handbags on seat one side - food bags on the other side -- dripping sauce packets put on the seat instead of being put in the bag or wrapped in a napkin. I was surprised the agent didn't say anything as there were plenty of people standing. The pair carried on in oblivion. I could see the mother was a faculty member at said prestigious university from one of her luggage tags. I guess professors at our best places of higher education can be rude pigs as well.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Yeah, although I have come to the conclusion that people who do 'deals' on their mobile phone in airline lounges are doing neither very important nor very good deals.
Totally agree. I was in CCR lately and some idiot was having a ‘meeting’ on speaker phone at the next sofa. It was utterly unnecessary. In any case all he kept saying was...”I’m in the CCR just now”.

I should have said something but just did my Paddington hard stare instead.
bulkhead and LTN Phobia like this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
I passed through GF today and every third person seemed to be strolling around speaking into their headset. Many wore an expression of pride, as though perhaps they were at the cutting edge, or that they were engaged in a more intense, fuller, life than those typing or reading. The sad fact is that most types of business that do require extensive verbal interaction are too sensitive to do in such a public place, which leads me to the conclusion that they must work for remarkably inefficient, unimaginative, and outdated, enterprises, and thus live less intense, emptier, lives than they suppose. Do they not even use Slack?

There is no point expecting staff to intervene. It is never going to happen, and I highly doubt they are expected or trained to. The best solution is high quality white noise such as falling rain played through top of the line Active Noise Cancelling headphones. I recommend Bose QC35s. The less legal option is attacking nearby WiFi access points, which would end most of the conversations by a momentary DoS event, but I don't advocate that except as a hypothetical, although probably fairly doable, fantasy.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:48 pm

Late december last year I was sitting across from a middle aged women in the T5 J Lounge. She changed her winter shoes to flip flops and painted her foot nails - TWICE.

She continued with her fingernails (still barefoot), I assume the colours had to fit on both ends.

Last edited by saschp; Mar 15, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by KARFA
However, I would agree that from a selfish point of view I usually move empty ones that are there simply because the sooner they are out of the way the sooner my stuff will Common sense would of course prompt people to do that rather than standing there waiting for trays to come when there is no space for them to go to, however eligibility to TFW is not based on common sense sadly
Agree @KARFA

I consider these individuals as inconsiderate. I have no problem in tapping the individual who leaves their trays empty on the belt and ask them to move the tray. If they object to moving the tray, then I just embarrass them in public. 😆😆😆
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Maybe worth a thread so any overheard deal is reported in real time here on FT? Or even a blog? That'd soon create some corporate mandates.

I did once hear a major pharma merger being discussed in a lounge, loudly. Business is unfortunately not short of narcissistic idiots.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
There was a guy on Wednesday night in the F Lounge at T5, talking loudly to two other people about his trips in BA First and how EK let him upgrade at check in with his FF points. It was all airline bragging but hey it is a first class airline lounge, so he was on topic.

However he then started to talk about his speeding fine for doing double the limit in a 60. He then went on about being the only guy in the local court with a barrister and how he paid the fine in cash. According to him no one pays court fines in cash these days.

It was one of those conversations he needs someone to play back to him, just so he realise how cool he sounds!!
bisonrav likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Samaras
There was a guy on Wednesday night in the F Lounge at T5, talking loudly to two other people about his trips in BA First and how EK let him upgrade at check in with his FF points. It was all airline bragging but hey it is a first class airline lounge, so he was on topic.

However he then started to talk about his speeding fine for doing double the limit in a 60. He then went on about being the only guy in the local court with a barrister and how he paid the fine in cash. According to him no one pays court fines in cash these days.

It was one of those conversations he needs someone to play back to him, just so he realise how cool he sounds!!
This whole thread reminds me of comedian Brian Regan's bit "I walked on the Moon".
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
There seems to be a fashion these days of watching films or series on computers or tablets or phones without headphones. What is that about? Do people really believe the rest of the room is interested in the rubbish they like?
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
My tried and tested trick, well 2out of 2 is if the walker talker gives out their number to send them a text asking to talk a bit louder as we couldn’t hear it over here.. the look on their face when they get it is priceless. One of the times was on a train and this guy with Bronze luggage tags was going on and on about his multiple trips to the USA.. the one and only time my gold card prominently displayed when moving my bag.
Of course, he may have used multiple carriers for his stateside travels. May be the bronze tag was a dare from him traveling buddies. The point being you don’t know. DYNWIA at its finest.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by flyphilrun
There seems to be a fashion these days of watching films or series on computers or tablets or phones without headphones. What is that about? Do people really believe the rest of the room is interested in the rubbish they like?
Talking about rubbish... somebody was watching the rugby last Saturday evening in GF on their iPad with no headphones.
flyphilrun likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
BA could recruit a band of volunteer 'lounge prefects' from amongst its BAEC members.

I wouldn't mind politely asking a loud mouthed Gold to shut up.
Yes an army of Blues with pitchforks!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by lorath
Of course, he may have used multiple carriers for his stateside travels. May be the bronze tag was a dare from him traveling buddies. The point being you don’t know. DYNWIA at its finest.
When I was bronze I didn’t use the tags, when silver I used the silver ones. Now gold I use the bronze tags, I sure there’s some deep behavioural issue, or possibly I’m just a bit of a twat. Most that know me definitely favour the latter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.