Wiki Posts
Search

Early baggage check in at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Early baggage check in at LAX

I’m a long time lurker and this is my first post. I’m flying back from LAX 19/3 on BA268 travelling in F.

My Tesloop transfer (brilliant service in LA area so worth checking if you don’t want to hire a car) gets me to the airport early afternoon. YouFirst tell me I can check in luggage 3.5 hrs before flight which is at 22.05. I was hoping I’d be able to check it in at least 3 hours before the first BA flight of the day which I think is at about 17.30. Does anyone have experience of an early check in or are YouFirst are right?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:34 pm

I have successfully checked my bags at LAX for BA268 in the early afternoon repeatedly, and judging from what I read on this forum, I am not the only one...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Essex Flyer
I’m a long time lurker and this is my first post. I’m flying back from LAX 19/3 on BA268 travelling in F.

Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Essex Flyer, it's good to see you here, and I very much hope that we will see more of you in the future too. Welcome on board. Just out of interest, what does it say in Manage My Booking under Other Ways to Check In? I suspect it will say 3 or 3.5 hours; however I also know for certain that FlyingScientist is correct, that they take baggage in during the check-in for earlier flights. I know that JFK has all day check-in and that's in MMB, but I'm curious if LAX has also got the right information here.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Here's an LAX tip.

Once you check in your luggage, whenever, and you are ready to move landside-airside, go down to the Arrivals level and go through TSA in the TBIT-T4 connector. This is usually lightly populated and very fast. Once through that checkpoint, take the escalator back up and turn right to go back into TBIT.

You will pass a window which looks down on the long, snaking line waiting for the main TSA checkpoint.

If you need any specific advice on how to find this Arrivals level checkpoint, let me know.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

‘Other ways to check-in’ also quotes 3.5 hours. Sounds as if I should be ok and looking forward to making the most of the Qantas F lounge.

Flight out was also on the A380 in F, I was quite impressed with both product and service.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Essex Flyer
‘Other ways to check-in’ also quotes 3.5 hours. Sounds as if I should be ok and looking forward to making the most of the Qantas F lounge.

Flight out was also on the A380 in F, I was quite impressed with both product and service.
The QF F lounge at LAX is definitely one of the top OneWorld lounges around the network, but I'm not sure turning up "early afternoon" for a 10pm flight just to go and sit in the lounge is worth it! It is after all a waiting room with a crazy carpet, no views outside and no natural light at all. Perhaps you have something else planned for the afternoon after dropping off your luggage?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip QofC I’ll give that a try.

Once I’ve dropped my bags off I’ve plans to head off for a few hours but should still have plenty of time to try the lounge(s).

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.