Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why bother with BA CE [LIN bad experiences]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:43 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

frustrated, one word that describes the past 24 hours flying BA.

frustrated by the behaviour and lack of priority boarding yesterday on my way LHR-LIN;
frustrated by the guy sitting in 12A who thought the middle empty exit seat was also his and showed his feet under my nose
frustrated by crowne plaza LIN airport shuttle which goes once an hour (reallly?????)
frustrated by being told my luggage can’t be check in until 2 hours before the flight (despite check in agents being there and having nothing to do)
frustrated by this dark and badly catered BA lounge and lack of any proteins to eat
frustrated by loud front office clerk in the lounge who wants to hear everything about some Luigi and the whole lounge has to listen to his phone calls

lets hope the flight back goes better and that, being the only passenger in CE, will be a nicer, redeeming experience...
madfish, Lucanesque and Pelu like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Don’t worry, you’ll soon be back in the midst of the CCR.
tedcruz likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
frustrated, one word that describes the past 24 hours flying BA ..............................

lets hope the flight back goes better and that, being the only passenger in CE, will be a nicer, redeeming experience...
All that you describe would certainly score VERY highly on my personal frustration scale.

As for the return : sounds like you’re the one & only pax who sees any merit in shelling out for CE ........
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:02 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by subject2load

All that you describe would certainly score VERY highly on my personal frustration scale.

As for the return : sounds like you’re the one & only pax who sees any merit in shelling out for CE ........
haha, I haven’t looked at it that way but yeah!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: GGL

frustrated by the behaviour and lack of priority boarding yesterday on my way LHR-LIN;
frustrated by the guy sitting in 12A who thought the middle empty exit seat was also his and showed his feet under my nose
frustrated by crowne plaza LIN airport shuttle which goes once an hour (reallly?????)
frustrated by being told my luggage can’t be check in until 2 hours before the flight (despite check in agents being there and having nothing to do)
frustrated by this dark and badly catered BA lounge and lack of any proteins to eat
frustrated by loud front office clerk in the lounge who wants to hear everything about some Luigi and the whole lounge has to listen to his phone calls

Was it a b2b for an ex-EU? You could always have flown direct from London.

Only items 1 and 4 seem to apply to BA, and neither, to be honest seems, major.
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:16 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mixbury
Was it a b2b for an ex-EU? You could always have flown direct from London.

Only items 1 and 4 seem to apply to BA, and neither, to be honest seems, major.
No, it's not b2b, but it is ex-EU, I sort of needed to be in Milan, and now off to HKG. I agree, most points don't apply to BA, but it's just all quite a s..t show. Past 3 flights (non-functioning CW seat on A321 to CAI, non-loaded Kosher meal on the return from CAI, now lost an hour of work due to waiting for check-in here in LIN), not a good week flying BA.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Better not come and live here then.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by Mixbury
Was it a b2b
No, it's not b2b
Apologies, I slipped up on my FT technical terminology.
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
No, it's not b2b, but it is ex-EU, I sort of needed to be in Milan, and now off to HKG. I agree, most points don't apply to BA, but it's just all quite a s..t show. Past 3 flights (non-functioning CW seat on A321 to CAI, non-loaded Kosher meal on the return from CAI, now lost an hour of work due to waiting for check-in here in LIN), not a good week flying BA.
Does t it say on MMB when check in opens ?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Does t it say on MMB when check in opens ?
It does, and it says 2 hours. The bigger mystery is why DrNuffy isn't going HBO.
aks120, florens, nufnuf77 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It does, and it says 2 hours. The bigger mystery is why DrNuffy isn't going HBO.
haha, good question - I haven’t been home since Dec 29 and have accumulated so many F amenity kits that will make presents for extended family when I finally get to Vie March 26. Until then I am checking in it’s also easier to just have my laptop as the baggege delivery in HkG never takes too long
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
and as a regular contributor to the post then DrNuffy will be well aware of the "limitations" of CE and the reason for flying it is possibly to get a significant discount on his CW sector
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:14 am

I'm in and out of Linate at least once a month. It's just one of those places where you realise there's no point in letting it upset you....just go with the flow. I don't understand how it can take them so long to check people in, I reckon the security check is one of the worst I come across...all they seem to be doing is having a laugh, I've told the guy from the kitchen to stop rearranging the food with his bare hands, and the bus ride is even more rediculous now with "group boarding".

And stay in the HI. It's more or less the same as the CP but the bus is every hour.
nufnuf77 and Pelu like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Nothing that a CE panini can't fix.
florens, puqui99, jonkx and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:19 am

"lack of proteins".. I'm hearing that phrase fairly regularly now. What does it mean? Lack of milk, eggs, fish, meat, nuts, beans, and pulses? I'd stick to the crisps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.