Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways falls from #1 in consumers favourite brands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways falls from #1 in consumers favourite brands

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z
+1
20 years in the UK for me. Never heard of Jess or "Clean Bandit"....
I've definitely heard of Clean Bandit. they were in that advert for Cortana (the short lived Microsoft 'personal assistant'). That advert made me cringe even more than the BA safety video does. I see they've done a great job of trying to remove all history of that travesty.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sounds like the sort of passenger they love!

....and if you continue flying F you should get out of the Silver-doldrums pretty smartish
Kind of kicking myself for not committing to OW this year, also as a FT newbie I've never really considered changing my routings to optimise TPs, so I'll be silver for a little while (Nov 2019 by my calculations) unless the OH decides she wants an extra holiday She is contemplating 10 days in Hawaii next year, which would speed things up no end
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by All She Wrote
Kind of kicking myself for not committing to OW this year, also as a FT newbie I've never really considered changing my routings to optimise TPs, so I'll be silver for a little while (Nov 2019 by my calculations) unless the OH decides she wants an extra holiday She is contemplating 10 days in Hawaii next year, which would speed things up no end
Sorted!! LON-DUB-PHL-LAX-HNL/OGG with a couple of transit night-stops for convenience.

Strangely we didn't seem concerned by taking 3 days to get to Hawaii ... it made a VERY long journey quite relaxing! The straight 36-hour run home is less fun, though!! Trip Reports in my signature, if they help a bit.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Sorted!! LON-DUB-PHL-LAX-HNL/OGG with a couple of transit night-stops for convenience.

Strangely we didn't seem concerned by taking 3 days to get to Hawaii ... it made a VERY long journey quite relaxing! The straight 36-hour run home is less fun, though!! Trip Reports in my signature, if they help a bit.
I wouldn't mind something along the lines of LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR which should get (correct me if I'm wrong) 840tp in J or 1,120tp in F. When I look at the minute for November the fares in J are around the £4,000-£5,000 mark, so maybe it's best to wait for a sale! I'd imagine a night stop in LAX on the way over, then in LAX and JFK on the way home is a decent compromise without adding too much trip time?

Edit - Even LHR-LAX-HNL-LAX-LHR in A/I for 700tp would work just fine I think

Last edited by All She Wrote; Mar 13, 2018 at 6:23 am
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
This is a bit of a non-story really - given the avenues and costs companies can harness to build brand, and the much higher value I would say it holds in other industries, it doesn't surprise me that others have outdone BA and I'm amazed they've been higher in the recent past. Secondly BA actually came 4th in the B2B version of the survey: Business Top 20 ? Superbrands

The form of the survey will was hardly well-designed to avoid bias. If you also think it's odd Lego came first, take a look at the questions (or a laugh as Lego/Gillette/Andrex management probably did):
- Quality. Does the brand provide quality products and services?
- Reliability. Can the brand be trusted to deliver consistently?
- Distinction. Is it well known in its sector and suitably different from its rivals?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by pauldb
The form of the survey will was hardly well-designed to avoid bias. If you also think it's odd Lego came first, take a look at the questions (or a laugh as Lego/Gillette/Andrex management probably did):..
Not sure why that should be relevant given that the current results are compared to previous years. Assuming that the evaluation has not changed, this significant drop out of the top 20 (from 1) can only be explained by 20 others brands massively improving their brand/image within a year or BA massively hurting its own rep.

FWIW I trust the consumer version more since the average consumer is more likely to travel in Y and without any status (i.e. where service is likely to be worse). The latter does still immensely influence the ground and on-board experience.

Last edited by WorldLux; Mar 13, 2018 at 9:50 am
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
A 20+ position drop over a period of 12 months using the same scoring criteria is hardly a non-story... Do you work for BA?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by All She Wrote
I wouldn't mind something along the lines of LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR which should get (correct me if I'm wrong) 840tp in J or 1,120tp in F. When I look at the minute for November the fares in J are around the £4,000-£5,000 mark, so maybe it's best to wait for a sale! I'd imagine a night stop in LAX on the way over, then in LAX and JFK on the way home is a decent compromise without adding too much trip time?

Edit - Even LHR-LAX-HNL-LAX-LHR in A/I for 700tp would work just fine I think
I couldn’t consider spending that on flights ... we aim at around £1500 each in J. That’s how we afford several holidays p/a

We now return you to the original topic
All She Wrote likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by muscat

Except the league BA topped includes Cathay, Emirates, Etihad, etc. If you look at the results (the fact that they mess up the results sheet does make you wonder about reliabity of results) you’ll see that Shell beats BA in one category, but BA beats Shell in another.
Maybe, however if BA can't top Cathay, Emirates and Etihad in a UK brand survey I would be even more surprised than I am about yesterday's results.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by simons1
Maybe, however if BA can't top Cathay, Emirates and Etihad in a UK brand survey I would be even more surprised than I am about yesterday's results.
Lego, Gillette, Apple, (ranked first to third) are just as foreign as Cathay, Etihad, Emirates (and BA). The first “UK” company would seem to be M&S at number seven.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by muscat

Lego, Gillette, Apple, (ranked first to third) are just as foreign as Cathay, Etihad, Emirates (and BA). The first “UK” company would seem to be M&S at number seven.
But my point wasn't about UK or not (and BA isn't a UK company either for that matter).

For example Cathay/Etihad share of UK market in their industry is hardly in the same league as Apple.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by flyuk
A 20+ position drop over a period of 12 months using the same scoring criteria is hardly a non-story... Do you work for BA?
You think that BA staff have anything positive to say about BA? :-)
FlyerTalker688786, T8191 and flyuk like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Now that is shocking news...I've never owned a Lego brick in my life.
I was brought up on Lego. It gave me a incredible grounding into logical construction when I was an IT coder (more years ago that I care to remember). Just realised this is OT. Makes me wonder if Lego got together with all airlines that say use A380's and provided kits for them, would this help with the image of the airline? Not sure if it ever worked when Abacus brought out the range of Airbus for use in Flight Sim many years back. Sorry, ranting now about the past.

ML
HIDDY likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
I couldn’t consider spending that on flights ... we aim at around £1500 each in J. That’s how we afford several holidays p/a

We now return you to the original topic
Recently saw Ex-Africa (Cairo) to HNL for £1440 departing September. 1120 TP's CAI-LHR (787) LHR-JFK (AA 777) overnight NY JFK-LAX (A321 lie flat) then ditto on the way back except it's a BA 777 on the TATL. Positioning flight is a trek and a half I admit.

ML
allset2travel and T8191 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC
I think this shows how very little surprise there was in this result for us here on FT as we’ve spent more talking about Lego and a singer called Jess Glynn

I think BA board need to shake things up big time before customers start taking their bums as well as money elsewhere once the brand damage is fully burnt and EasyJet & Ryanair simply start looking better! Sad as I do have a soft spot for BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.