Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways falls from #1 in consumers favourite brands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways falls from #1 in consumers favourite brands

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Very sad but entirely predictable. Yes planes are full and profits are being made, but the brand had value as well, and that has clearly been eroded. If I were a BA manager I would be concerned about this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:52 am
Suspended

There’s no airline in the consumer top 20 at all, looks like there’s an opportunity here to be grabbed.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Remember that this was a survey of the entire public, not elite HVFs, and the entire public is likely reacting against (A) press coverage of meltdowns they did not personally endure, and (B) unique BA policies like making people pay for advance seat selection (disadvantaging families flying in Y, etc.) which elites here have generally applauded.
Dan72 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WorldLux
OT: Considering where Lego was ~15 years ago and how the toy market has evolved, I'd say that they must be doing quite a few things right. Lego stores popping up everywhere, kids and adults buying the stuff, etc. Compare that to the many toy shops that closed down over the years due to increased competition from tablets and online retailers.
I agree, although lego is only surviving because of die hard adult consumers. I'm on fairly good terms with the local Lego store manager, he's openly said the target audience is adults and they are the reason theyre able to open new stores. I know quite a few people my age that drop £1-5K a year on lego and they insist on buying directly from lego (website or store), they've sorta managed to achieve a toy version of the Apple brand. But then again, BA think a brand is worthless.

The kids/teenagers in my family would rather spend that money on "in-app purchases".
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:11 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
If I were a BA manager I would be concerned about this.
Maybe, but I'm absolutely certain that your concerns would not be listened to by the higher ups until the planes start emptying and profits nosedive - and there is little sign of that happening.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:57 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by BearX220
Remember that this was a survey of the entire public, not elite HVFs, and the entire public is likely reacting against (A) press coverage of meltdowns they did not personally endure, and (B) unique BA policies like making people pay for advance seat selection (disadvantaging families flying in Y, etc.) which elites here have generally applauded.
2000 people is fare from the entire public. Do these people own apple products because there customer service is far below acceptable. we have a national obesity problem yet these 2000 people rate Coca Cola? Not defending BA just questioning the reliability of the survey
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Petrus
The safety video will make sure everyone loves the brand.
Especially the "don't be so HARD on yourself" bit. So fitting in this #metoo environment. Surprised no one has picked up on this and started a social media rage storm against the brand.
You do know it's a reference to her song right...?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
Sure, the one that came out 3 years ago - this is just going to get more and more awkward over the years.

A lecherous director swooning over attractive auditionees is not exactly something most brands would pay to be linked with.
icebird, T8191 and headingwest like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Glad to hear I’m not the only one who thinks this. The sexual undertones and the male chauvinistic aspects of the video astonished me when it first came out. Repeated viewing has done nothing make me change my opinion.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Sad to see. I've a soft spot for BA but it's neither competitive on quality (I flew TXL CNX on QR last month in J It blows BA CW away in terms of quality) nor price. I think shareholders in IAG ought to be worried.
It's MAN STR next week on Ryanair. A crap experience? Probably, but its a £40 return, so I'll happily live with it.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
He’s hardly being lecherous. God. This forum.

PS Notice all the BA haters seem to be, er, BA Gold. That will definitely show BA they’re on the wrong track.
LCY8737, HIDDY and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Is there anyone in a senior and influential position in BA who actually understands how to build and maintain a great brand? Would a really experienced great brand builder even work there?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Airprox
One of the problems of a humour led approach is that there is no way that everyone - from whatever country - is going to understand all the in-jokes. Though Jess Glynne is one of the most successful UK singers of all time, and she has a Grammy too, in many countries she - and her songs - are going to be fairly unknown. Still, I honestly can't see this having any impact on the brand.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:48 am

Despite not being in Top 20 of overall brands, BA is the best airline.
Category winner - Travel, Airlines- British Airways
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:57 am

Is there any surprise to this?

Originally Posted by Sealink
PS Notice all the BA haters seem to be, er, BA Gold. That will definitely show BA they’re on the wrong track.

I see these as two different things.

I am not a "BA hater" - I would label myself as disappointed by BA's current ground and inflight proposition (across both premium cabins).

I use BAEC since it is a very good FF reward programme in OW. And it is very easy to credit all of my OW flying (AA, QR and CX etc) to BAEC.

Therefore, being BA Gold does not link to an individual's opinion of the product offered currently by BA as they are both completely independent.
gordon0808, T8191, florens and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.