Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by BotB
probably best if I don't update the wiki tonight, posting under the influence (PUTI) so you'll excuse me if I simply say Ill update tomorrow...

Safe travels everyone, (think god for spell checker!)

BotB (tonight it stands for bottom fo the barrel)
--
On a school night! Where were you flying?
Also, Saturday's flights can't be party planes. We know what happens to those...
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’m back for another bite of the cherry. Booked 464 on the 28th and 465 on the 29th
BotB and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Starship73
I’m back for another bite of the cherry. Booked 464 on the 28th and 465 on the 29th
See you there! I've just changed my return flight to the 465 on the 29th.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Booked another jaunt. BA465 on 15th August (ET). BA464 on 17th August (CE). Let’s hope this Party Plane goes better than the last.

Last edited by george77300; Aug 13, 2019 at 11:01 am Reason: Grammar
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC
Do we know if loads are still capped at A321neo levels?

I’ve seen quite a few flights recently on YouTube which show very full WT cabins and I’m wondering if it is easy to secure a window seat on a HBO fare with no status...
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club, Aegean Miles and Bonus, Marriot Bon Voy, Le Club Accor, Hotels.com
Smile

Hello all, A very long time lurker here and very excited to be on the 464 on Sunday 25th August - please add me to the list above! I'm also on the 456 on Saturday 24th Aug although that doesn't appear to be scheduled for an A350 as of yet. I still have to work out how I'm returning from Madrid yet
tynmar likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 1A or No Way
Hello all, A very long time lurker here and very excited to be on the 464 on Sunday 25th August - please add me to the list above! I'm also on the 456 on Saturday 24th Aug although that doesn't appear to be scheduled for an A350 as of yet. I still have to work out how I'm returning from Madrid yet
Well enjoy the one flight! There is no scheduled A350 service on 13th, 23rd and 24th August.
BotB and 1A or No Way like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Welcome to FT, love the username

(best way home from MAD is via FRA, a certain Chilean airline is your friend)
BotB, 1A or No Way and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And a warm welcome from me as well, 1A or No Way, welcome to the BA forum here on Flyertalk, and I hope your trips work out well for you.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Hi All,

Booked another jaunt for the A350 so I will now be on the BA465 on 17th August and additionally now on 25th August. (ET on both) Hopefully one of them will present me with the A350 following my failed attempt last Sunday.
Both days out on the 777 lunchtime departure and on the 17th I’ve upgraded to CE. Not flown club with BA before, Which lounge does this allow me to use at T5? Can I use the Lounge on arrival at Madrid?

Thanks all

Jay
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
Booked BA465 on the 18th of August
jay_cee87 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I believe the airside lounges at MAD are departure-only, but there is a little known landside arrivals lounge which I believe you'd have access to.
It's rather small, but they have showers.
BotB and jay_cee87 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Thanks Chocolatefactory, will look out for it.

I’ve been able to choose what I think is a seat in the First cabin on the outbound 777, is FLUB normally available on the MAD flight? Is it usually a 4 class aircraft ?

cheers

Jay
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:20 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Hi Everyone, sorry for the radio silence...this thing called work reared its head for a day or two...now back to dreamy days on the sofa waiting for the 16th

Anyway, I've updated the calendar to reflect the flights for the remainder of Aug. I haven't seen anyone post that all the remaining days are now know but if anyone was wondering they are indeed now published and the calendar reflects this. The morning rotations are shown as well. (I took this info from ExpertFlyer seat maps and aircraft types for each day between now and Aug. 30th. There are no A350 flights for the 31st Aug.

So, the calendar is now complete for those looking to change flights or decide when to fly. No further morning flights will occur (other than those shown in the calendar that is, unless a lot of IRROPS occur and they need to make the time up but that is unlikely now). I will only change the colour of the days to blue for when it did fly for archive reasons. FTers, start your avios booking engines of choice...

I've also moved the wiki flights for the 12th and 13th over to post 1 to archive them and so we are on track for the 14th flights tomorrow. I will look to see if anyone has posted recently that they are joining a 14th Aug. flight but otherwise I'll update the wiki for the flights on the 15th onwards tomorrow. (I haven't forgotten you!)

OT: And for those wondering about how I fared this morning after a few too many (on a school night as was pointed out!)...let's just say it was a good thing it was cloudy and spitting rain to cool this noggin...This also helped to replenish the ol' engine:

I tend to travel for work on Mondays and quite often meet up with a fellow FTer so once in a while there are IRROPS even in these situations!

Anyway, hope everyone has enjoyed their flights so far, it seems like next weekend is shaping up to be a proper PARTY PLANE!

Not too late to join in, come on you lurkers, or the 'quiet' ones amongst you...open that suite door and step into the FT posting ranks...you won't regret it and may develop friendships that last for years from this one event...

15 DAYS (of A350 flying) LEFT...(that is just over 2 weeks only)...don't delay, book today!

Safe travels everyone. ^

Last edited by BotB; Aug 13, 2019 at 3:26 pm Reason: clarifying the morning flight situation as could be misinterpreted!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
No amendments needed for the 14th flights so as mentioned, I'll update the 15th onwards changes tomorrow morning (so you'll have something to check at work!)

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Do we know if loads are still capped at A321neo levels?

I’ve seen quite a few flights recently on YouTube which show very full WT cabins and I’m wondering if it is easy to secure a window seat on a HBO fare with no status...
Hi BAeuro, I'm no expert on the loads they have been having in each cabin but from seat maps I have checked, it appears that they block off the WT+ cabin (for cabin crew to use and relax), the WT cabin tends to be loaded so that the forward section is filled first and some of the aft cabin but only the window rows of seats (or that is all that people pick when they do pay or check in, of course not many want to be in the middle aisle so that is also understandable). I do believe there have generally been window seats even back in WT cabins but you may have to sit very far back towards the rear (near the aft galley) to get one. Hope that helps, if you don't have access otherwise, do post what flights you're specifically asking about and someone (me or another) can post the seat map for you to check out...

Originally Posted by jay_cee87
Hi All,

Booked another jaunt for the A350 so I will now be on the BA465 on 17th August and additionally now on 25th August. (ET on both) Hopefully one of them will present me with the A350 following my failed attempt last Sunday.
Both days out on the 777 lunchtime departure and on the 17th I’ve upgraded to CE. Not flown club with BA before, Which lounge does this allow me to use at T5? Can I use the Lounge on arrival at Madrid?

Thanks all

Jay
A Club (Europe or World) flight will allow you into Galleries Club lounges (not the first and not the CCR). There are 3 at LHR T5, on in South area, one in North areas of the main terminal (A) and one in Terminal B which is probably the best one to go and use as you'll be departing from T5 B or C anyway (unless some kind soul gets in touch with you and offers to meet up). Enjoy your flights, hope you get an A350 this time and enjoy the new suite...if you've not flown BA's Club product before you're in for a treat!

Can't help with the MAD lounge, (as an arrival club pax), as a departing club pax you'd have access but hopefully the previous post regarding MAD arrival lounge helps.

Originally Posted by jay_cee87
Thanks Chocolatefactory, will look out for it.

I’ve been able to choose what I think is a seat in the First cabin on the outbound 777, is FLUB normally available on the MAD flight? Is it usually a 4 class aircraft ?

cheers

Jay
Again, no expert on FLUB to MAD, but I remember seeing a thread dedicated to this very thing so maybe worth a forum search for FLUB and MAD terms...I believe it is indeed normal and at least some of the time they do allow you to sit there, but again, not an expert on this route FLUB and hopefully this helps or someone else steps in with better info.

Safe travels, think that is all the questions answered, just wiki updates to graphics or flights to do now...have a great evening everyone. How many club suites do you count before falling asleep? (hopefully less than 56...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.