Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Looking around for something else I found some more A350 flights to/from MAD over 26 - 29 November - looks like both returns on 26/27/28 and one on 29 November.
Also Iberia are sending their A350-900 to LHR around those dates.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Managed to finally fly on the A350 last night Madrid B2B. I think I got food poisoning from the Cod on the return flight though!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Pack
Managed to finally fly on the A350 last night Madrid B2B. I think I got food poisoning from the Cod on the return flight though!
I’m onboard now, about to depart. Guess I’ll avoid the cod!!

About to board
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Brown
I had the cod on Saturday evening's 465 from MAD to LHR. It was very tasty. Most unfortunate if there were some rogue ones in there, not nice at all.
As for the A350 - Wow! IMO it is a truly lovely plane as a passenger (in club, to be fair). The galley did look on the small side, to say the least, but our crew were BA at their best. The club suite suited my somewhat wide shape much better than CW on the 777 going out.
Also particularly striking was the noise, or rather the lack of it; it was a less annoying type of noise too, to my ears at least. A most enjoyable experience overall.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Well I thought that was a truly sublime experience! It was easily the most enjoyable short haul flight I’ve ever had. So glad I did the upgrade. Cabin crew attentive and keen, lovely space and amenities for short haul. Not totally convinced I would be willing to pay top dollar for it on a long haul route, felt somewhat snug to me... I fear BA are getting really left behind here now, a sliding door doesn’t really cut it. Table positioning for the seat felt frankly awkward for eating & using laptop. The lack of easily accessible storage for a long haul would be a genuine problem. Where do I put my shoes?? Used to love the old CW shoe drawer.

What would it cost to keep this going for the most popular short haul routes? That’s a really tempting proposition. Load them up at the back, charge business customers a premium. I'd bite if the price was right!

Anyway, food was excellent, service excellent, stunning sunset views... maybe I had one too many of the Malbecs!!

Sliding doors.

My seat!

Mountains!

Bye bye rainy England.

Double window!

Landed!

IFE journey info.

Dinner!

On approach

Sunset!

The cabin.

Cloudland.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by UKd00d
Well I thought that was a truly sublime experience! It was easily the most enjoyable short haul flight I’ve ever had. So glad I did the upgrade. Cabin crew attentive and keen, lovely space and amenities for short haul. Not totally convinced I would be willing to pay top dollar for it on a long haul route, felt somewhat snug to me... I fear BA are getting really left behind here now, a sliding door doesn’t really cut it. Table positioning for the seat felt frankly awkward for eating & using laptop. The lack of easily accessible storage for a long haul would be a genuine problem. Where do I put my shoes?? Used to love the old CW shoe drawer.

What would it cost to keep this going for the most popular short haul routes? That’s a really tempting proposition. Load them up at the back, charge business customers a premium. I'd bite if the price was right!

Anyway, food was excellent, service excellent, stunning sunset views... maybe I had one too many of the Malbecs!!

Sliding doors.

My seat!

Mountains!

Bye bye rainy England.

Double window!

Landed!

IFE journey info.

Dinner!

On approach

Sunset!

The cabin.

Cloudland.
Nice pictures! So you prefer the storage on the old club?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: VS Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by opus99
Nice pictures! So you prefer the storage on the old club?
Apart from a useless tray, the old Club had no storage!
opus99 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I think I got food poisoning from the Cod on the return flight though!
I always avoid eating fish whenever I travel away from home @:-)
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
We were on BA457 on Monday morning and the new Club Suite is a huge improvement. I was in 17A in the mini cabin and was glad I did as I found the main Club cabin quite large and the mini cabin more intimate. Storage is sufficient (at least for me) and the seat itself is comfortable. In my opinion the new suite can not be compared with Qatar Airways Qsuite which seems to be slightly roomier (if one has to compare it with QR’s product I see more resemblance with the 787 reversed herringbone seat)..

All in all we had a very enjoyable flight and the before mentioned cod was quite tasty...

Club Suite 17A
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I always avoid eating fish whenever I travel away from home @:-)
My first choice chicken salad wasn't available. The cc came back and apologies and addressed me by my name which impressed me! Other than the poisioning it was 2 amazing flights.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
My first choice chicken salad wasn't available. The cc came back and apologies and addressed me by my name which impressed me! Other than the poisioning it was 2 amazing flights.
I doubt is was the cod!

Fish very safe usually and timing not right!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Had EC261 denied on my enforced overnight stay in Madrid back on 10th Aug as they claim the aircraft was struck by lightning which was an extraordinary event. Did anyone on this flight have a different result?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by skipness1E
Had EC261 denied on my enforced overnight stay in Madrid back on 10th Aug as they claim the aircraft was struck by lightning which was an extraordinary event. Did anyone on this flight have a different result?
Was that BA465? I got paid €250 and 10k avios for that flight, some got €400 e-voucher, some others had to go to CEDR to get their payout.

No, there was no lightning striking the aircraft, but BA's customer service has invented so many excuses to refuse EC261 that it does not surprise me.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Yes that is what I replied in the compensation thread.
megaloman likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
New Training Flights

26-29 Nov, 2 x daily returns. BA456/457 and BA464/465.

16 more flights to fly it.

I’ll be on BA457 on the Tuesday 26th. ^

EDIT: I have tried to add to the top of the Wiki but formatting doesn’t appear to be working on the iPad. I’ll try later on the computer. Sorry if I’ve messed it up....
wilsnunn likes this.

Last edited by george77300; Nov 11, 2019 at 5:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.