Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:42 am

Flying today

I'll be flying today on the BA464
LHR - MAD seat 10K come say hi
Return tomrrow 20 august on BA465

also wanna ask (might not be the place for it though)
could anyone please guest me into the CCR?
I would really like to go inside and see what's it all about
TIA
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BA silver,
I was on the afternoon rotation yesterday. only 17 in club on the way out so service was much quicker than others have said above. CC seemed very positive about the plane. A nice touch was that the CSM asked a few of us whether we wanted a cockpit visit after landing since they had plenty of time before returning. It was much larger with more knobs and dials than I had expected.
The return flight to LHR was much busier. I was in the rear J cabin which I preferred to the front cabin. Service was ok but not as good as on the way out. However,It meant a quicker exit at LHR since both ways they only used the air bridge at 2L.
Doing a BTB there was only one other person before me in T4S security. You need to know the return flight leaves from “S” gates since that has a different security from the main transfer/connections security. Time from plane to lounge was about 5 mins.
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by CaroFos
To the T4S lounge - what is the obsession with mushrooms? And who ate all the Sushi?
It was my first time in that lounge last Friday (at around 17:00) and, although it wasn't too busy, the food and drink service was disappointing. Of the available dining tables, I'd guess 80% still had used plates/glasses etc on them. Most hot food options had run out (apart from the mushrooms!) and weren't restocked during my 45 minutes there, although a new platter of sushi did appear (it was actually smoked salmon). At the north end of the lounge, there was no white wine left - just empty bottles.

It might have been just after a busy period, but there wasn't much staff activity to clear things away.
CaroFos likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by peter h
It was my first time in that lounge last Friday (at around 17:00) and, although it wasn't too busy, the food and drink service was disappointing. Of the available dining tables, I'd guess 80% still had used plates/glasses etc on them. Most hot food options had run out (apart from the mushrooms!) and weren't restocked during my 45 minutes there, although a new platter of sushi did appear (it was actually smoked salmon). At the north end of the lounge, there was no white wine left - just empty bottles.

It might have been just after a busy period, but there wasn't much staff activity to clear things away.
I’ve had a number of trips to that lounge. No matter how busy, there is a severe lack of food options out. Same with the drinks.
CaroFos likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by george77300

I’ve had a number of trips to that lounge. No matter how busy, there is a severe lack of food options out. Same with the drinks.
I was amazed to see a bottle of GIN MARE though - that was a thumbs up!!
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:44 am

Hahaha. I have drunk more than my money’s worth of Gin from that lounge.
CaroFos and megaloman like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Palty
I'll be flying today on the BA464
LHR - MAD seat 10K come say hi
Return tomrrow 20 august on BA465

also wanna ask (might not be the place for it though)
could anyone please guest me into the CCR?
I would really like to go inside and see what's it all about
TIA
Also on this one today, now gonna try the middle seats in the back cabin. First time southbound. Will add to the wiki.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD, Star Alliance, HH Gold
We really enjoyed our trip on Saturday, and directions to avoid the journey to T4 were excellent.
It was great meeting Jay_cee87 in the lounge. Would have been pleased to have met some of the others on our flight but had no idea who they were. There was quite a few small groups in the lounge at Madrid which may or may not have been members of FT.
Aircraft seats were very comfortable but would not deliberately choose middle seats again. They felt claustrophobic and a bit like a call centre. Would normally select a window seat but for some reason (now unknown to me) I wanted to try out the centre seats.
I think I've been forgiven.
Enjoyed the video posted by Karfa of our flight taking off, it really shows how graceful the aircraft is.
BotB and alanjhett like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:03 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
wiki up to date to this post (calendar and wiki updates)....

Two new graphics in the wiki for the 21st Aug...some repeat offenders taking part which is great to see...

I know it may seem like this is getting old hat now but really, in 9 days it will be over...the A350 will be flying the regular long haul routes and the training will be done...so, although it may seem like you've had enough A350...don't delay, we are now in single digit days left of the short haul route...9 days of flying only and less than 2 calendar weeks so get on her while you can! This represents a great value for avios and a bit of fun (potentially with other FTers...there are several flights with 3 or more (and many with one or two that would love to meet up and experience this unique new aircraft together with a laugh and a drink. ^) The 25th PARTY PLANE (4) has 12 people on it so far...come on, there are more lurkers out there that are going to give it a go, why not post that you are on it (or book it instead of just thinking about it!)...

Don't procrastinate what you can book today! You'll regret it later if you don't!

Great to have those that have posted in the last day on the thread or in the wiki....you are now immortal and have left your mark, we salute you. ^

Anyone else care to join in or come out of the suite door to join the MADness, limited time only.....

Don't forget the post from WickedStepMother, the 100 year celebration day is coming up, what will you do to celebrate on the A350...

Safe travels everyone.
lavajava likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:11 am

I'm on BA464 today - maybe see one or two of you
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue
Originally Posted by awoxp
I'm on BA464 today - maybe see one or two of you
Yep, my plans have changed! I’m now on 464 and 465 today. I’ve not posted enough to update the wiki...can someone help?
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:14 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

I've updated the wiki to this point, I'll create a graphic for the 464 later tonight (retrospectively unfortunately) as I'm currently at work.

Enjoy the flights tonight and welcome to the MADness...
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Has anyone worked out a pattern to when they open the rear cabin for section?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I was amazed by the Red Bull offering - as far as I know the only airport lounge offering it (QR lounge at T4 had Red Bull on offer for some time but then they cut costs).

Anybody knows other lounges with Red Bull on offer?
CaroFos likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:41 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pacenotes
Has anyone worked out a pattern to when they open the rear cabin for section?
If you mean the aft CW cabin, they opened mine up to me at T-72.

If you mean the WT+ cabin, it isn't opened to passengers at any time. Crew use it to make their notes and rest....

Hope that helps, not sure if they open the rear CW up to everyone then (at T-72) or just 'status card' holders...

Safe travels everyone.
pacenotes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.