Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Little Update from me. I've booked a hotel for tomorrow and will now be coming home on the Sunday Eve flight instead.. BOTB - if any chance of an update that would be great but not a problem if too much of a pain!! SOrry (not sorry) to be missing the joys of the B2B! Although obviously I would not have been alone! :-) See you guys tomorrow.
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BotB
I’ve taken a day rate room at the DoubleTree Madrid Prado to crash for a few hours then walk around the city centre before heading back to the airport and although the website only shows a 6 hour slot can be booked, they are happy to allow me to have the room until 7 or so. ^ Very friendly staff, small but nice clean rooms and great location. No pool though is only downside I can see!
Are you in room 506 or 507? If so, open the big window in the bathroom to discover the private terrace!

That hotel is less than 10 minutes walk from Sol, on the Cercanías. The tunnel work means a change of trains, but normally that would be the best way to and from the hotel, which is actually in front of the Cortes. The hotel is also less than 10 minutes walk in the other direction from the Royal Botanical Gardens, and if you go in the final hour before they close it will be largely just you, the birds and the cats, a lovely spot.
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
@chistery
I’m in 10K, @armouredant is in 15A if I recall correctly. Just say hi if you’re on board.
(Can’t resist, sorry!) you could have simply looked for the new club suite with the chocolate stains!

Originally Posted by CaroFos
Little Update from me. I've booked a hotel for tomorrow and will now be coming home on the Sunday Eve flight instead.. BOTB - if any chance of an update that would be great but not a problem if too much of a pain!! SOrry (not sorry) to be missing the joys of the B2B! Although obviously I would not have been alone! :-) See you guys tomorrow.
no worries, when I’m home tomorrow afternoon, I’ll update them. Enjoy. ^

And with that, I’ll take this opportunity to say that the Spanish are MAD...I know that we travel to experience different cultures and broaden our mind but this was a step too far:

For those wondering what’s wrong! (It should be “OVER” not under...

Safe travels everyone!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:20 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Hope you guys didn’t break the aircraft?

Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Talking

I'll be spending a night in MAD too
BotB and CaroFos like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

One upshot of the delayed flight: there’s 5 types of gin in the lounge and a few varieties of Royal Bliss tonic water....don’t mind if I do!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
That was a great flight! Very nice meeting @armouredant , too. Really have to say it’s great to have a hobby like this where you can just meet like-minded people all over the world and connect immediately.

Enjoy your flights, everyone!
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Got the aft CW cabin to myself ^

talked to the crew crew and they’re going to set up a bassinet during the flight to try it and so I can get a picture.

love the plane, does feel a bit tighter than old CW but likely due to the high suite walls.

Love it.
tynmar likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by BotB

(Can’t resist, sorry!) you could have simply looked for the new club suite with the chocolate stains!

no worries, when I’m home tomorrow afternoon, I’ll update them. Enjoy. ^

And with that, I’ll take this opportunity to say that the Spanish are MAD...I know that we travel to experience different cultures and broaden our mind but this was a step too far:

For those wondering what’s wrong! (It should be “OVER” not under...

Safe travels everyone!
but do you know how to correct a 2 ply roll when it is ‘out or sync’ without unravelling the whole thing??
BotB and 81romeo like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:39 pm

but do you know how to correct a 2 ply roll when it is ‘out or sync’ without unravelling the whole thing??
‘I always worry about the ‘sharps bin’ in Spanish/foreign lavatories. (Reflection in shiny loo role holder)
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Is there a limit on how early before your flight you can enter the BA lounges at T5. Flying club on the 13:20 777 to Madrid tomorrow and will probably arrive at T5 by 09:45am. Is that too early for the 13:20 departure?

cheers

Jay
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
No problem, assuming you're HBO and no bag drop or check in
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Great, thanks 😀
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Can anybody remind me what the A350 WiFi costs are please can’t seem to find it.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Are you in the CCR tomorrow? I’m heading to HKG if you’re about ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.