Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 16, 19, 10:54 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: peter h
Wiki Link
The calendar of the dates the A350 has flown/is planned to do training flights to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) is below; All dates in Aug. are now known.

Due to technical issues with the A350, it did not fly the evening rotation on the 10th Aug., nor the morning rotation of the 11th Aug. It was back in service for the evening rotation on the 11th.

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Ding Ding, next Flight with FTers will be:

17th Aug 464: (Graphic)

17th Aug 465: (Graphic)

18 Aug

464: neilyork, rjhcambs

18th Aug 465: (Graphic)

19 Aug

456: RG1X

20 Aug

464: Baggageinhall

21 Aug

464: megaloman, megaloman+1
465: Baggageinhall, megaloman

22 Aug

457: RG1X
464: Alinlondon

24 Aug (current info no op):

456: 1A or No Way
457: george77300
464: jwils642, SteveWhite88

25 Aug

456: peter h
457: jwils642, SteveWhite88
460: jay_cee87
461: Alinlondon

25th Aug 464: (Graphic)

25th Aug 465: (Graphic)

26th Aug Honeymoon Flight (MADly in love):

Other 26th Aug flights:

465: 1A or No Way

27 Aug

464: allturnleft
465: allturnleft

28 Aug

460 (not A350): dombo17uk
464: LavaJava, Starship73

29 Aug

29th Aug 464: (Graphic)

29th Aug 465: (Graphic)

NO A350 TO MADRID FROM AUGUST 30TH

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

Date

Flight No.: FT Handle

Updated to Post #1139
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 13, 19, 3:49 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Gold, HH D, BA Silver
Just noticed the A350-1000 training flight thread is now at 1000 posts and 100k views....that must be good party plane KARMA!
alex67500, tynmar and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 13, 19, 3:56 pm

Programs: qantas | BAEC | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass
Originally Posted by BotB View Post
Again, no expert on FLUB to MAD, but I remember seeing a thread dedicated to this very thing so maybe worth a forum search for FLUB and MAD terms...I believe it is indeed normal and at least some of the time they do allow you to sit there, but again, not an expert on this route FLUB and hopefully this helps or someone else steps in with better info.
I was originally on Friday's BA465, but had to switch to the earlier 777 flight - and was allocated 1K. I found the thread you mentioned and I think the norm is that, if the CE passengers won't fill the Club cabin, then the passengers nominally seated in the F cabin get shunted back into Club. I hope there are exceptions, as my flight doesn't look particularly crowded in Club!
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 13, 19, 9:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
This is the arrivals lounge I meant:
https://onemileatatime.com/review-ib...adrid-airport/

https://www.loungebuddy.com/MAD/prem...l-4-kqmn58JKld

Sounds like a BA flight from London might not get us in though.
But itís not much to write home about anyway, they donít offer much except showers.
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:43 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Anyone have success getting an assigned seat in WT+ on one of these A350 flights? If so how, please? Thx
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA Exex Club
Originally Posted by peter h View Post
I was originally on Friday's BA465, but had to switch to the earlier 777 flight - and was allocated 1K. I found the thread you mentioned and I think the norm is that, if the CE passengers won't fill the Club cabin, then the passengers nominally seated in the F cabin get shunted back into Club. I hope there are exceptions, as my flight doesn't look particularly crowded in Club!

Thanks for the info, I have paid to reserve a window seat in row 2. Looking at the seating plans that is the first cabin. So is it likely that despite me paying extra to choose this seat BA will move me back into the club cabin ?
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by JHIN View Post
Anyone have success getting an assigned seat in WT+ on one of these A350 flights? If so how, please? Thx
on my flights WT+ cabin was blocked at check in and used by the crew during the flight - there was no problem checking out the seats though and crew were very chatty.
JHIN likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:42 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JHIN View Post
In addition to what megaloman mentioned, the only flight I am aware of that had people in WT+ was the inaugural flight as press were in CW so they allow some people to sit in WT+ on that flight but not since from reports.
JHIN likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hello - getting excited about Saturday.. have now booked a return for Sunday contemplating having a day by a pool.. not bothered to venture into Madrid as was there recently but wondered if anyone could recommend a nice hotel near airport (with shuttle) with decent outside pool.. Looked at hilton but pool area looks a bit limited? Any other recos? Looking forward to meeting up with y'all travelling on same flights! CF
Old Aug 14, 19, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Aegean Miles and Bonus, Marriot Bon Voy, Le Club Accor, Hotels.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
And a warm welcome from me as well, 1A or No Way, welcome to the BA forum here on Flyertalk, and I hope your trips work out well for you.
Thank you

I loved your review of the inaugural Islamabad service which I'm on in September with a very special POUG offer from WT+ to CE
Old Aug 14, 19, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Aegean Miles and Bonus, Marriot Bon Voy, Le Club Accor, Hotels.
Originally Posted by tynmar View Post

Welcome to FT, love the username

(best way home from MAD is via FRA, a certain Chilean airline is your friend)
thanks! a quick look shows LAN at £417 MAD>FRA in J. I may have to be creative and book a return from MAD and use the second leg for when i'm travelling to South America via Madrid in January!
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jay_cee87 View Post
Thanks for the info, I have paid to reserve a window seat in row 2. Looking at the seating plans that is the first cabin. So is it likely that despite me paying extra to choose this seat BA will move me back into the club cabin ?

I believe they would refund you if they move you back to the club cabin in a 4 class plane (as you've paid for the seat selection) but I'm happy to be corrected. Note they wouldn't if it was substituted for a 3 class and had a row 2...(AFAIK)...Hope you get FLUBBED!

Originally Posted by CaroFos View Post
Hello - getting excited about Saturday.. have now booked a return for Sunday contemplating having a day by a pool.. not bothered to venture into Madrid as was there recently but wondered if anyone could recommend a nice hotel near airport (with shuttle) with decent outside pool.. Looked at hilton but pool area looks a bit limited? Any other recos? Looking forward to meeting up with y'all travelling on same flights! CF
Enjoy, try checking out the Melia brand of hotels. There are two by that chain near the airport, the first is Melia Barajas here with a pool close to the airport and free airport transfers, not sure if they do day rates but worth emailing or phoning to find out. There is also a TRYP (a bit 'Chernobyl bleak' apparently but has a reasonable pool as noted by tynmar)...not sure if they offer free shuttle and day rates but worth looking. The Pullman (Accor chain) has a pool and has day rates and is within quick reach of the airport (website also states free shuttle, also connected via Metro. Hope that helps.

Graphics and wiki now up to date to this post! Hope they put a smile on your faces on this grey and rainy day!

Safe travels everyone.
Ikaz likes this.

Last edited by BotB; Aug 14, 19 at 4:13 am Reason: edited to change bit about the TRYP hotel and credit tynmar!
Old Aug 14, 19, 4:07 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
The swimming pool might just be the saving grace at the TRYP to be honest . If itís a day stay imagine it would be very reasonable and the pool is actually a decent size.
Geiger Counter shouldnít be required
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tynmar View Post
The swimming pool might just be the saving grace at the TRYP to be honest . If itís a day stay imagine it would be very reasonable and the pool is actually a decent size.
Geiger Counter shouldnít be required
Well, depends if they are on the same flight as our radioactive KARFA or not...he's been to Chernobyl so you may want to keep your suite door closed and be on the other side of the aircraft for those flights!
tynmar likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 4:24 am

Programs: qantas | BAEC | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass
Originally Posted by jay_cee87 View Post

As BotB said, I think that you'll just get moved to the Club cabin. I guess it's to make the service easier for the crew?

A bit OT but, in ExpertFlyer, my Friday 777 seat map has changed to show the whole of the F cabin and most of the CW cabin as blocked. In MMB, my seat is still 1K though I anticipate that I'll get moved on Friday.
Old Aug 14, 19, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avis PC, (Hilton, Accor, SPG, Radisson) Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by BotB View Post
Just noticed the A350-1000 training flight thread is now at 1000 posts and 100k views....that must be good party plane KARMA!
Please don't jinx it... (Also, I read @KARFA, but I guess I'm hungover)
BotB and tynmar like this.

Search this Thread