Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by rapidex
Yes but they cannot just get in and fly the aircraft. Safety training is operator specific. and so IB safety training would be required for BA crews before they could step in the aircraft.
Absolutely this is needed first. I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise. I was just suggesting that given IB / BA relationship then this might be a more suitable route to gaining any flight deck operating experience if necessary.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Is today the first day the Winter 2019 timetable is bookable? Given the first 350 is expected in summer, will BA start to allocate the aircraft to a winter route? Someone with more time/skill/inclination might be able to dig this out through doing random dummy bookings...
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Is today the first day the Winter 2019 timetable is bookable? Given the first 350 is expected in summer, will BA start to allocate the aircraft to a winter route? Someone with more time/skill/inclination might be able to dig this out through doing random dummy bookings...
The airlineroute website would have discovered it within minutes if it had been
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
When A380 did test flights to FRA, they were added to the system a few days prior. 788s from memory were added a few weeks before - so I wouldn't expect BA to allocate A350 just yet...
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I just read that the A350 is not covering a First Class?

I thought that the A350 will be most likely replace the older B747 and given their main route LHR-JFK I thought that they definitely need a First Class on this route?
Am I missing something or is BA going to increase B789 / B777 on this route?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by tsmnc
I just read that the A350 is not covering a First Class?

I thought that the A350 will be most likely replace the older B747 and given their main route LHR-JFK I thought that they definitely need a First Class on this route?
Am I missing something or is BA going to increase B789 / B777 on this route?
Hi,

It has been posted that the first few deliveries of the A350-1000 will not have first class but the later deliveries will.

Regards

TBS
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
Alex Cruz was talking at the recent Capital Markets Day for IAG and said that the A350 being delivered next year will be 3 class. So no F. To replace the mid J 747s. It’s not route specific.

Sometimes it’s more about what they don’t say... there could be more A350s in the future that have the 4 class configuration but as of next year it’s no F for now. The focus will be on the all new CW seat as the A350 is the first to have this as far as we know.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If anyone follows captain_dave_a380 on Instagram he's posted some smart pictures of the new A350 simulator. Looks smart
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
If anyone follows captain_dave_a380 on Instagram he's posted some smart pictures of the new A350 simulator. Looks smart
Does he show the new CW seats in his rear view mirror?
squawk, SaraJH, CloudGazer and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:44 am

I understand that BA traditionally does European training flights shortly after delivery but surely offering the new club seat on short sectors is not a good investment return, however temporary the training season is. VS is launching its new Upper Class seat and A350 on key transatlantic routes this year and I would expect BA to do the same.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
I understand that BA traditionally does European training flights shortly after delivery but surely offering the new club seat on short sectors is not a good investment return ...
I don't think that operating new aircraft types on European flights has anything to do with investment return. That's quite beside the point.
ELLX likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Count me in! Looks fun!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club, BA GGL CCR, Amex Plat
Sounds fun never done a training flight before. Im in.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
I understand that BA traditionally does European training flights shortly after delivery but surely offering the new club seat on short sectors is not a good investment return, however temporary the training season is. VS is launching its new Upper Class seat and A350 on key transatlantic routes this year and I would expect BA to do the same.
Doing euro routes they can get 2 or More turns a day. Double the number of pilots and cabin crew getting used to it.
Also VS don't have any short routes to practice on!

Finally don't expect to see this on high profile routes, it has no F
THEOBCMAN likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by stewaran
Doing euro routes they can get 2 or More turns a day. Double the number of pilots and cabin crew getting used to it.
Also VS don't have any short routes to practice on!

Finally don't expect to see this on high profile routes, it has no F
Much more than that. A round trip long haul plus days off is 2 sectors in a minimum of 5 days per crew member including days off. They can do 10 sectors in 5 days on short haul.

When we took the 380 to Chateauroux 4 of us did 4 sectors each in 2 days with 2 training Captains. 16 Line training sectors would take nearly a month for 2 training Capts to cover on a standard long haul roster.

There are several high profile destinations that don't generate much first class revenue beyond redemptions.
george77300 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.