Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by armouredant
Was the IFE working?
No, the IFE was just stuck in the splashscreen. They did give an explanation but I couldn't quite hear what they said! Same with the WiFi.. the network was on but had no connection.
BotB likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:41 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Wiki updated with the latest news from the capital markets presentation and other bits from the delivery thread, etc...(with credit where I hope it is due!)

So, looks like July or Aug 2019 for the first delivery and potential training flights...not sure how long after delivery they start the training flights but my admittedly foggy memory seems to want to say 3 weeks? (my gut feeling nothing more!)

Anyway, getting closer, although still a way to go before Morges1 and myself start to crank up the DO in true fashion...any other bits of useful info?

Safe travels everyone.
rapidex and squawk like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Gossip - you did ask!...Was flying with a CSM the other day who had recently flown back from JHB on a 380 with several on a 350 familiarisation flight. He also mentioned that the 350 would be doing a period of TLV runs. Perhaps that’s a training route (or perhaps it’s nonsense!)
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
I assume the flight crew will be flying Iberia aircraft as part of their training now?. And given that the A350 cabin will be very heavily aligned to the A380, is there any real need for short training flights for this type? (Wont an aircraft visit be sufficient for cabin crew, like it is for the 787?)
My money would be on a relative short 3 class transatlantic route. EWR Maybe?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by A P Yu
I assume the flight crew will be flying Iberia aircraft as part of their training now?
where have you heard that?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I assume the flight crew will be flying Iberia aircraft as part of their training now?.
You assume incorrectly.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
I would have thought that during the summer LCA might be a good test route, as it would help with the additional summer loads on that run now the 767's have gone. Just my thoughts though, that might make too much sense in the real world.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
I would have thought that during the summer LCA might be a good test route, as it would help with the additional summer loads on that run now the 767's have gone. Just my thoughts though, that might make too much sense in the real world.
Personally this would be perfect for us FT'ers for a nearly 5 hours of new aircraft & new CW time ! Although as you say in the real world .... ??
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Was flying with a CSM the other day who had recently flown back from JHB ...
A new BA destination?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Personally this would be perfect for us FT'ers for a nearly 5 hours of new aircraft & new CW time ! Although as you say in the real world .... ??
Agree that would be a lovely choice, a very unlikely one but a great one for a do!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Count me in!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Airprox
You assume incorrectly.
....because......?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by richardwft

....because......?
BA crew cannot fly IB aircraft without carrying out IB safety training. Not worth the cost or effort.
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by rapidex
BA crew cannot fly IB aircraft without carrying out IB safety training. Not worth the cost or effort.
Aer Lingus Crew Flew A330s with Thomas Cook pilots on TCX Flights as part of their training. So its not unheard of. They loved Cancun.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:06 am

Aer Lingus Crew Flew A330s with Thomas Cook pilots on TCX Flights as part of their training. So its not unheard of. They loved Cancun.
Yes but they cannot just get in and fly the aircraft. Safety training is operator specific. and so IB safety training would be required for BA crews before they could step in the aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.