Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA refusing to credit unused Avios [for return leg, after outbound has been flown]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA refusing to credit unused Avios [for return leg, after outbound has been flown]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by memesweeper

Apologies I’d never noticed the two one ways -v- return pricing diferential for the UK to North American market (perhaps because I’ve only ever booked that sort of redemption once and it was for a friend who needed to use a voucher on a return.). I’ll be sure to price both in future rather than my habit of booking one ways — you learn something new here everyday!
Works in reverse if coming from the US. Two one ways are cheaper than round-trip ex-US same on VS as well in my experience. The savings are less so that way since you still have one leg at the higher rate but in premium cabins it is worth it.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Reality_Czech
Since forever. not that long ago you could not even make changes after using the outward flight.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That has been the rule for as long as I can remember.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, 'twas ever thus as correctly pointed out above.
I'll be corrected if my memory is faulty on this, but IIRC the immediately preceding rule may have been that once booked, award tickets were completely non-refundable in any circumstances.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by memesweeper
Unless you need to use a 2-4-1 I cannot see the point booking an Avios return. Two one ways should cost the same and is more flexible. If you didn’t know this unfortunately you are stuck with a non-changeable return leg.
Two one-ways is very much NOT the same.

Surcharges ex-USA for example are much higher than ex-UK or ex-EU. Surcharges ex-HKG and ex-Brazil are of course nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.