Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast on JFK-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Breakfast on JFK-LHR

I flew back from JFK overnight in CW on BA176. Clean seat, lovely crew, 5 hours sleep on the new bedding, so overall v.good...

But I did notice on the breakfast card that only a panini was offered as food. This is not a regular route of mine so no idea if this is a new thing, a feature of the Sleeper service or what... In any case I didn't fancy it so just had a nice cuppa overhead Cork
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Do you mean a continental breakfast with an option of a warm panini?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, this isn't exactly new, it's the longer USA flights that get a semblance of breakfast. More information on the current incarnation here:

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

(see post 3)
And older FT threads will show the previous versions, which were essentially a bacon roll.

Best to sleep as much as you can on these very short flights, then to have breakfast in the Arrivals lounge or airside lounges.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It certainly isn’t new, I cannot remember ever serving anything else, the only change would be the panini rather than a bacon roll.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.