Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's your BA / OneWorld flights bucket list?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald

Granted, I'm a little weird, but I'm sure some people here are thinking the same way I do. I have a bucket list of unusual flights and some things I haven't done yet. What would yours look like?

- LCY - JFK Club World service
- 747 upper deck (before it is retired)
- A first First - probably LHR - JFK to visit the CCR twice
- LHR - PER on QF (longest commercial service)
- Round the world ticket

Last edited by thebigben; Mar 11, 2018 at 4:49 am
Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
To fly on G-XLEJ
florens, TedToToe and tedcruz like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by thebigben
Granted, I'm a little weird, but I'm sure some people here are thinking the same way I do. I have a bucket list of unusual flights and some things I haven't done yet. What would yours look like?
You'll find good company here. This board trades on that very special brand of weirdness.

I liked your list, done them all, apart from the LHR-PER QF flight (obviously). Not sure how much that QF flight appeals to me. I don't have a bucket list for flights, but I never flew on a DC10/MD11 and expect that my chances of that are diminishing fast, if not already extinct.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Dan72
You'll find good company here. This board trades on that very special brand of weirdness.

I liked your list, done them all, apart from the LHR-PER QF flight (obviously). Not sure how much that QF flight appeals to me. I don't have a bucket list for flights, but I never flew on a DC10/MD11 and expect that my chances of that are diminishing fast, if not already extinct.
I never got to fly the Concorde so that would have been on top of my list. Have flown the 747 upper deck many times and really enjoy 64K Have also tried the A380. But the thing I never tried is flying BA F so that will have to be my next goal. I have a TP run to LAS coming up soon so maybe I can UUA one leg to F. But this will be from JFK to LHR so maybe not so much added value, it would be better in my opinion to upgrade the other way.
Dan72 and 20Rothmans like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Nice thread, for me similar, top deck of B747 (booked yesterday, 64K snagged), BA1 before it becomes economically unviable , first BA A350 would be cool.....
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:21 am
Suspended

Bombardier CS100/300 for me.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Mine would be:

LCY - JFK Babybus
PER on QF but operated by an Emirates A380.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Done RTW 2 times ...
My Bucket list ... but OW don't provide this route ... IPC (Easter Island) to PPT (Tahiti) and then on to Auckland (AKL).

OW gets you from IPC (Easter Island) to PPT (Tahiti) but not beyond :-(
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
  • 1A on the 747, a feat I am going to achieve for the First time on 25th May...
  • Qsuites in a double bed (in the planning)
  • LHR-PER non-stop on QF... no idea when I'll manage that but I so want to go back to Oz
  • MIG-29 to an altitude of 20km + (only if I win the lottery !)
20Rothmans likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by thebigben
- LHR - PER on QF (longest commercial service)
At least according to gcmap.com, DOH-AKL is slightly further than LHR-PER (by 20 nautical miles).

OSL-DOH-AKL return has good pricing for achieving that one.
20Rothmans and swingaling like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Other than missing out on Concorde, I don't have too many gaps in aircraft types from the 80s onwards; with BA and its predecessors I have flown on the Viscount, BAC One Eleven, Trident 3B and Tristar, for example. On my wish list is LHR-SCL, for some reason it seems to be really hard to get redemptions on that one and I don't fancy being down the back! Elsewhere, something across the international dateline, so round the world, I guess.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Other than missing out on Concorde, I don't have too many gaps in aircraft types from the 80s onwards; with BA and its predecessors I have flown on the Viscount, BAC One Eleven, Trident 3B and Tristar, for example. On my wish list is LHR-SCL, for some reason it seems to be really hard to get redemptions on that one and I don't fancy being down the back! Elsewhere, something across the international dateline, so round the world, I guess.
Wow, it's a destination that is on my wishlist, but I didn't realise how expensive J/F tickets were. No wonder the redemptions are full. It seems like a round-the-world ticket is best for this. (~4.8k return in J, whereas the RTW ticket for 6 continents is about 6.8k)
TedToToe likes this.

Last edited by thebigben; Mar 11, 2018 at 8:43 am
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Some
An inaugural flight for a long-haul aircraft type
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Only thing left on my before I kick the bucket list.....
Pootlling around the Highlands and Islands airports during sunny days in May/June.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Only thing left on my before I kick the bucket list.....
Pootlling around the Highlands and Islands airports during sunny days in May/June.
Good to see another non-Geek posting here!

I don’t care about the aircraft - it’s a means to an end. Although obviously in a comfortable seat near the front, or upstairs!

However, I do not decry those with a specific interest. I used to collect airframe registrations at LHR, from the top of The Queen’s Building, when I was young. Although I have no idea why I did that!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.