Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing The Concorde Team

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Nothing there for HNL Golds, I assume?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Pack
some what impressively someone picks up your baggage for you while you clear customs.
Not quite: We’ll collect your baggage from the carousel and deliver it to you personally so that you can clear Customs and make your way out of the airport.

I assume they'll pick it up off the belt and put it onto a trolley for you. If you're lucky, they might even roll your trolley for the 30m distance from the belt to the "Nothing to Declare" lane. I can only dream of such convenience...
fin_dg likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by Deltus
Not quite: We’ll collect your baggage from the carousel and deliver it to you personally so that you can clear Customs and make your way out of the airport.

I assume they'll pick it up off the belt and put it onto a trolley for you. If you're lucky, they might even roll your trolley for the 30m distance from the belt to the "Nothing to Declare" lane. I can only dream of such convenience...
It's what AF do for their La P customers most of the time, in my experience.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by Pack
some what impressively someone picks up your baggage for you while you clear customs.
Let's not confuse customs with immigration/border... if someone collected and trolleyed your luggage while you cleared passport control that might be something.

You can't clear customs without your baggage in your possession already!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lloydah
It's what AF do for their La P customers most of the time, in my experience.
Well maybe I'm not in the target market for this service, but to me this sounds totally farcical. Presumably you still have to hang around in the baggage hall for 25 mins before any bags appear at all (unless your bags get a special VIP Mercedes transfer from the hold doors?), and then some bloke frantically checks every bag coming out because he has no idea what yours looks like, except from the tag. Then he carefully arranges them onto a trolley, walks across to you, says, "Your bags, Sir", and then you take them off the trolley again because presumably as a Prem you have invested in such luxuries as a suitcase with inbuilt wheels.

As much as I'd love to get a Prem card, I don't think this incredible new service would be the highlight...
fin_dg likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Smile

Well maybe I'm not in the target market for this service, but to me this sounds totally farcical. Presumably you still have to hang around in the baggage hall for 25 mins before any bags appear at all (unless your bags get a special VIP Mercedes transfer from the hold doors?), and then some bloke frantically checks every bag coming out because he has no idea what yours looks like, except from the tag. Then he carefully arranges them onto a trolley, walks across to you, says, "Your bags, Sir", and then you take them off the trolley again because presumably as a Prem you have invested in such luxuries as a suitcase with inbuilt wheels.

As much as I'd love to get a Prem card, I don't think this incredible new service would be the highlight...
Entering the states without Global Entry, can take a lifetime, but last time we did it the AF chap met us as we got through security with our bags on a trolley. The carousel with the rest of the pax baggage not in La P had been signed but not even started. We shot off first by miles. One of the reasons we use them - when they're not on strike.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold

Air Canada provide Priority bags in a neat line next to the carousel, more often than not before I can get to the carousel even if I'm one of the first off (EU citizen, chipped passport, fast walker), and that's for both premium economy and business. BA really are on a different planet with what's 'impressive' sometimes

Last edited by All She Wrote; Mar 9, 2018 at 11:05 am Reason: Spelling bee champ
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Let's not confuse customs with immigration/border... if someone collected and trolleyed your luggage while you cleared passport control that might be something.

You can't clear customs without your baggage in your possession already!
I assume therefore that these bags will be expedited off the plane and have been put on the plane last. Otherwise there won't be much of a time saving.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
We have partnered with the leading British Hotel, The Dorchester, to design a bespoke hospitality training package for the team to deliver a service tailored to our customers' individual needs and preferences.
It would be more impressive if BA lounge kitchen staff spent some time learning from their counterparts at the Dorchester.
DeltaFlyingProf and 710 77345 like this.

Last edited by lhrhappy; Mar 9, 2018 at 7:54 am Reason: accidentally a word
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by lloydah
Entering the states without Global Entry, can take a lifetime, but last time we did it the AF chap met us as we got through security with our bags on a trolley. The carousel with the rest of the pax baggage not in La P had been signed but not even started. We shot off first by miles. One of the reasons we use them - when they're not on strike.
Great service!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Introducing the Concorde Team

As part of BA’s continuing investment in our Premium customers, BA is introducing the Concorde Team at Heathrow and New York JFK.In 2017, you may remember that we asked you about hospitality a lot – and we also conducted offline work with industry experts to really get into the detail. This research has helped to launch the brand new Concorde team. Thank you very much for giving your examples of great and poor hospitality and what that means to you, as well as how we can differentiate ourselves with great service.

So what actually is the Concorde Team? Previously known as Special Services, the Concorde Team are dedicated to looking after every detail of the airport experience for our most premium customers. We have partnered with the leading British Hotel, The Dorchester, to design a bespoke hospitality training package for the team to deliver a service tailored to our customers' individual needs and preferences. The Concorde Team gives BA a new platform to develop our premium customer proposition and we will continue to build on this over the coming months.
Mods: Please move or merge if already detailed.
after the mutual co-brand destruction with m&s food, and what BA did to do&co shares, I assume the Dorchester will be very much in the background on this.

also brave of BA to align with a brand owned by an institution that many City fiirns refuse to engage with due to civil rights reasons.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:41 am

Then he carefully arranges them onto a trolley, walks across to you, says, "Your bags, Sir", and then you take them off the trolley again because presumably as a Prem you have invested in such luxuries as a suitcase with inbuilt wheels.
At least it avoids the SS person having to ask you for the pound he put in the trolley lock.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DFB_london

also brave of BA to align with a brand owned by an institution that many City fiirns refuse to engage with due to civil rights reasons.
Could you elaborate on that.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:43 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Was this an email from Mr Hillier?
No, it was from a BA online initiative.

Originally Posted by DFB_london

after the mutual co-brand destruction with m&s food, and what BA did to do&co shares, I assume the Dorchester will be very much in the background on this.

My guess, would be that it will be launched with the Dorchester name in full view, just like Do & Co, and then be amended to Travelodge.

M
frank_poulankh likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I wouldn’t get too excited, the link posted is for the delectation of Premier Card holders, not for GGLs or Golds. Nothing new here save for the name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.