Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[First FT Pictures] G-VIIX refurbishment [LGW B772, including 3-4-3 seating in WT]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[First FT Pictures] G-VIIX refurbishment [LGW B772, including 3-4-3 seating in WT]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards

Cw usb
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Cw screen and ambient lighting
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Premium economy

PE screen
Prospero, davm666 and TaxiTiger like this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Economy

Economy screen
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Looks good! A major upgrade over the old school old ones, even with the extra seat included.
Cap'n Benj likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
To the naked eye, there doesn't seem to be IFE boxes at least under the seats in economy. Can someone confirm or correct me on this?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thanks for posting @firstlight ^

Of course this is very welcome news for those traveling in Club or WT+ if not go those in WT.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia
To the naked eye, there doesn't seem to be IFE boxes at least under the seats in economy. Can someone confirm or correct me on this?
There is a mention in the dedicated thread about this which says „pan mounted IFE“, whatever that means!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by florens

There is a mention in the dedicated thread about this which says „pan mounted IFE“, whatever that means!
I thought pan-mounted means something related to the tilt of the IFE screen.

As a frequent BA and Cathay Pacific flyer, I know that Cathay Pacific is probably the best for economy because it installs all its IFE boxes right inside the seat, hidden away from flyers, so the footwell is completely unobstructed.

If pan-mounted means that, then it really is a big step up and should be given more credit compared to the likes of QR, EK who don't do this.
squawk likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:25 pm

I thought pan-mounted means something related to the tilt of the IFE screen.

As a frequent BA and Cathay Pacific flyer, I know that Cathay Pacific is probably the best for economy because it installs all its IFE boxes right inside the seat, hidden away from flyers, so the footwell is completely unobstructed.

If pan-mounted means that, then it really is a big step up and should be given more credit compared to the likes of QR, EK who don't do this.
Example of what it means (Don't meant to say this is the seat):

The IFE equipment, including the electrical wiring, components, processor unit, etc. is typically stored within an IFE box. Conventionally, the IFE box is mounted on the side of the seat frame leg structure, thus inhibiting leg room, storage space under the passenger seat. More recently, as described in U.S. Patent Publication No. 2009/0058165, the IFE box has been stored underneath the passenger seat pan. The current passenger seat design allows technicians to unlock and raise the seat pan to access the IFE box for repair and maintenance
https://patents.google.com/patent/US8616631

The "seat pan", I've now learned to know, is where the bum goes!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Has the added benefit of being a seat warmer
djsflynn, florens and TPRun like this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Cathay are on the same system here, the Panasonic eX2 (and presumably eX3 on their A350s), and this refurbishment will result in the eX3 going into the LGW fleet.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There are no visible IFE boxes on the Panasonic system.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Wow the CW seat looks crisp & smart. Pretty close to the 787

Thanks very much for posting
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:53 am

Thanks for posting these pictures. This looks like a real improvement for the LGW fleet. Economy seating doesn't look any more cramped than other Y BA products. Looks good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.