Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Rescheduled Flights - Fantastic Customer Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time

I was browsing Kayak a few weeks back, and while not even considering an October half term vacation, plumb Saturday-Saturday flights to LHR-FLL via ORD were available for £350 (£275 for the kids) through a consolidator. Layover in ORD is 1hr 50 mins on the outbound and a legal 38 mins on the return.

I don’t usually like booking via consolidators given the risks, but since the fare was less than half the cost I could find when booking via the airline, and I was booking 4 tickets, I took the chance.

Then I get the dreaded email from the consolidator today and our ORD to FLL flights have been rescheduled leaving us a 5 hour layover on the outbound and 9 hour layover on the return. Not great when you are only on a transatlantic vacation for one week.

I’m told to call the consolidator, but think my chances are better if I call BA customer services. I given BA a quick explanation thinking I’ve got a fight on my hands given the bucket-shop tickets. But, without any persuasion I’m offered non-stop direct flights for the same day, either LGW-FLL or my pick of the LHR-MIA flights.

Heathrow is easier to get to for us, and I wanted to maximise the last day in Florida so picked LHR-MIA, BA207 outbound and BA208 return. Given these flights are non stop and my original flights had a stopover, I was very impressed with BA customer service as I thought they’d try to palm me off with stopover flight via PHL or CLT.

As non-stop flights are the thick end of £900 for the October half term, I feel like I’ve had a mini win on the lottery.

Very well done, and thanks BA!!
710 77345 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
What a result.... but could the agent get into a bit of hot water over this?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
No, it's policy.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BA6501
No, it's policy.
But BA can make the change even months in advance? It doesn't have to be requested by the agent who you booked through?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
But BA can make the change even months in advance? It doesn't have to be requested by the agent who you booked through?
Yes, this does seem confusing. I thought the agent had control of the booking until T-24. Good result for the OP ^
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
BA can takeover ticket anytime, it just usually chooses not to.
Swiss Tony likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.