Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Y catering from LCY

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Hi guys, anyone know what the catering is with regards to JMK these days to LCY? A small sandwich? At least drinks unlimited?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Hi guys, anyone know what the catering is with regards to JMK these days to LCY? A small sandwich? At least drinks unlimited?
Salad with bread roll, dessert and generous drinks, not unlimited on our 10.40 flight to JTR, JMK should be similar. Are you flying on a weekday or Sunday?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by richardwft

Salad with bread roll, dessert and generous drinks, not unlimited on our 10.40 flight to JTR, JMK should be similar. Are you flying on a weekday or Sunday?
weekday !
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:15 am

What can I expect to get in Y on a 10:20 LCY-LIN flight? Just wanting to see how much I need to lower my expectations before I get onboard!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pallan12
What can I expect to get in Y on a 10:20 LCY-LIN flight? Just wanting to see how much I need to lower my expectations before I get onboard!
After breakfast I think it's just popcorn / crisps / biscuit plus bar service on that route.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
This is the breakfast from Dublin to London City in EuroTraveller on BA CityFlyer.

It's the same all the time and is pretty good for a short flight.

I figured someone had better post a picture in this thread, now all we need is some of the other flight timings.

Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Breakfast service: ORY-LCY!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Kumulani
Why not just have domestic arrivals decant into the departure lounge like every other country? Just need to put in a one way door to allow exit from departure lounge to baggage claim. Since LCY already separates international arrivals they should be in compliance with the rules.
​​​​​​​Such a door already exists. It's by the Boots, on the left as you walk into the corridor to the low numbered gates (East wing), and consists of a staircase down to baggage reclaim and the exit. It's where you go when your flight gets cancelled (i.e. what happens if the fog descends).
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
After breakfast I think it's just popcorn / crisps / biscuit plus bar service on that route.
Originally Posted by pallan12
This route gets bacon rolls etc until 9.30am and a cold meal (salad, bread roll, brownie/soft cheese) 12:00-13:59 and popcorn/biscuits/crisps at all other times. Note that the lunch is based on whether the flight is in the air at that time rather than the departure time. So corporate-wage-slave is correct to say it’ll be snacks. Plenty loaded so just ask for extras if you’re hungry.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by zappomatic
This route gets bacon rolls etc until 9.30am and a cold meal (salad, bread roll, brownie/soft cheese) 12:00-13:59 and popcorn/biscuits/crisps at all other times. Note that the lunch is based on whether the flight is in the air at that time rather than the departure time. So corporate-wage-slave is correct to say it’ll be snacks. Plenty loaded so just ask for extras if you’re hungry.
This was the simple popcorn/crisps/biscuits on the 10:20 last week when I flew it - whilst hoping for this light lunch service.

The return (same aircraft stays on the ground until 17:55) had a very strange "dinner" service consisting of hot meal, salad & scones. No menus. No drinks till 30 minutes afterwards. LCY seems wildly inconsistent with service. At least with mainline you know what to expect (and can plan accordingly).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
This was the simple popcorn/crisps/biscuits on the 10:20 last week when I flew it - whilst hoping for this light lunch service.

The return (same aircraft stays on the ground until 17:55) had a very strange "dinner" service consisting of hot meal, salad & scones. No menus. No drinks till 30 minutes afterwards. LCY seems wildly inconsistent with service. At least with mainline you know what to expect (and can plan accordingly).
Presumably you were in Euro Traveller on the way out and Club Europe on the way back? During the summer LIN is a special case and gets scones instead of a dessert for the return because the usual mousse or cheesecake desserts can't stay cold enough during the turnaround and end up turning to liquid.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Presumably you were in Euro Traveller on the way out and Club Europe on the way back? During the summer LIN is a special case and gets scones instead of a dessert for the return because the usual mousse or cheesecake desserts can't stay cold enough during the turnaround and end up turning to liquid.
Yep, ET out. CE back.

The aircraft was pretty warm on boarding again, but they didn't take the usual precautionary measures of closing the window blinds and keeping the overhead aircon nozzles on during the turnaround. Cools down pretty quickly again once that started.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
During the summer LIN is a special case and gets scones instead of a dessert for the return because the usual mousse or cheesecake desserts can't stay cold enough during the turnaround and end up turning to liquid.
Wow, you do learn something new every day (and that one sounds a bit crazy to be honest!)
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
What should we expect on a pre 9:30 am flight to Iceland?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Wow, you do learn something new every day (and that one sounds a bit crazy to be honest!)
Indeed my immediate reaction was that this is a fascinating operational snippet. LIN has some of the longest turnarounds on BACF and a very hot apron! The turnarounds are currently over an hour, and one of them is over 4 hours. 35-45 minutes is a more usual turnaround at places like AMS and DUB. I hadn't seen this as a good B2B option before and Linate would not normally be a recommended airport for this but 4 hours would seem particularly safe.
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.