Booking with avios

Old Mar 5, 18, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, EB, AB, PS, VV, NH
Booking with avios

Dear FTs,

I would like to book a flight FDF-MIA which is operated by AA, however, BA does not recognize FDF as the airport. I assume, a call center will be able to help? And can I book FDF-MIA/overnight stay (under 24 hrs)-HAV, all on AA for 10000 avios, or will the price be 10000 x2?

Thank you for your support.
Old Mar 5, 18, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Loving your tagline ! Who the heck flies from Osaka to Lviv on a regular basis ?
Old Mar 5, 18, 2:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You don't need the drop down to recognise FDF (Fort de France), it will find it anyway.

The easiest way to do this is to search for MileSAAver awards on AA.com and then the same date on BA.com. In the case of married sectors (to HAV) then you will have to call if there is no availability in MileSAAver. And from FDF I imagine that isn't going to be easy since they run the daily service during the summer peak and in the winter it's just a Saturday service, so not much call for it. Business Class may be easier.
Old Mar 5, 18, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, EB, AB, PS, VV, NH
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
You don't need the drop down to recognise FDF (Fort de France), it will find it anyway.

The easiest way to do this is to search for MileSAAver awards on AA.com and then the same date on BA.com. In the case of married sectors (to HAV) then you will have to call if there is no availability in MileSAAver. And from FDF I imagine that isn't going to be easy since they run the daily service during the summer peak and in the winter it's just a Saturday service, so not much call for it. Business Class may be easier.
Thank you, CWS. Now it seems to have worked. But the tax is 70 EUR, while MIA-FDF is 4.59 EUR???
Old Mar 5, 18, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by olm022 View Post
Thank you, CWS. Now it seems to have worked. But the tax is 70 EUR, while MIA-FDF is 4.59 EUR???
Sounds about right, France has passenger service fees and other taxes which takes about 40€, USA charges 10€ for entry, and I'd guess it's carrier surcharges for the rest. Still a bargain, the implied cost in UK terms is about 160 given the 10,000 Avios and 63 fees, the fares from Martinique are very high, often north of 400 (returns being cheaper than singles).
Old Mar 5, 18, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by olm022 View Post
Dear FTs,

I would like to book a flight FDF-MIA which is operated by AA, however, BA does not recognize FDF as the airport. I assume, a call center will be able to help? And can I book FDF-MIA/overnight stay (under 24 hrs)-HAV, all on AA for 10000 avios, or will the price be 10000 x2?

Thank you for your support.
If available, a one-way, Economy Class award FDF-MIA would cost 10,000 Avios; a one-way, Economy Class award MIA-HAV would cost an additional 7,500 Avios.

Have you reviewed this page on the AA website to determine if you qualify for travel to Cuba via the U.S.? https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ravel/cuba.jsp

Edited to add: There should not be any carrier-imposed surcharges for Avios redemptions on AA for travel wholly in the Americas -- including the Caribbean.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: