Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

(Serious question) Does BA plan to improve its F product in the near future?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Serious question) Does BA plan to improve its F product in the near future?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by simons1
We can but dream. Fortunately for BA the slots would be a problem even with traffic rights, I don't suppose people would be too keen on Stansted.
but imagine a "hub" being built there (or at BHX) by one of the ME carriers: with a great lounge (or two) and direct flights to the US. I'd take that over LHR. e.g. QR Q-Suites STN / BHX to all major US cities. Yes please. Now, I know, pure fantasy given traffic rights etc but that would really shake things up (and possible lead to the demise of BA).

Originally Posted by Smid

PJ's for instance, are provided in QR J, and slippers on the 380's too. Amenity kit is more BA F too.
slippers on other a/c too. got them on 787 and 777 just a few days ago - come with the PJ in a White Company PJ bag.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by chris1979
but imagine a "hub" being built there (or at BHX) by one of the ME carriers: with a great lounge (or two) and direct flights to the US. I'd take that over LHR. e.g. QR Q-Suites STN / BHX to all major US cities. Yes please. Now, I know, pure fantasy given traffic rights etc but that would really shake things up (and possible lead to the demise of BA).

slippers on other a/c too. got them on 787 and 777 just a few days ago - come with the PJ in a White Company PJ bag.
Slippers are for ultra-long haul (TYO or further), so yes, not aircraft specific. QR F PJs are also different to QR J ones (pockets, button up front, black, nicer).

Not totally sure why we keep coming back to QR though, as I pointed out above QR F is an extreme example and is in no way representative of what a better quality BA F network out of LHR would probably look like. A BA F of similar quality to LH would, I imagine, be viable to pretty much every destination it is for LH, plus probably a few additional US ones too.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Slippers are for ultra-long haul (TYO or further), so yes, not aircraft specific. QR F PJs are also different to QR J ones (pockets, button up front, black, nicer).
I had slippers on ARN - DOH both ways (as well as DOH SYD). They came in the White Company PJ bags. So I assume, given they were on the much short ARN DOH route, they are now in all White Co PJ bags?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
I had slippers on ARN - DOH both ways (as well as DOH SYD). They came in the White Company PJ bags. So I assume, given they were on the much short ARN DOH route, they are now in all White Co PJ bags?
Hmm, possibly you're right, I haven't had an ARN-DOH where I've been given PJs since the White Company switch
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GFL. AA EXP. Amex Plat. Mucci.
How many of you are truly regular flyers in paid F? (by regular, I mean you are someone who travels in F whenever you are on a BA longhaul plane and the F cabin is sold). I am very privileged to be one of those passengers; and despite my reoccurring gripe that I rarely get my first choice of main course in F inbound to LHR, I still love the product.

BA F is not the best F product in the world, but it is still a fantastic product. I love the beverage selection (especially JW Blue), I find the seats/beds very comfortable, and I like the fact that the food is interesting but not extravagant. For those of you that fly in F as a treat I do understand that you might expect more from the product compared to some (but not all) competitors, but for those of us that are regular flyers in F we appreciate the understated elegance and comfort of F. The service and product is not over the top and not indulgent, just a really comfortable journey with some added luxuries along the way. For us regular F travellers this is EXACTLY what we are looking for from a tried and tested product that is available to most international destinations; something that other carriers will find hard to match (even if they do offer caviar, limos, and a more luxurious experience).
Tobias-UK and Mixbury like this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by themax
How many of you are truly regular flyers in paid F? (by regular, I mean you are someone who travels in F whenever you are on a BA longhaul plane and the F cabin is sold). I am very privileged to be one of those passengers; and despite my reoccurring gripe that I rarely get my first choice of main course in F inbound to LHR, I still love the product.

BA F is not the best F product in the world, but it is still a fantastic product. I love the beverage selection (especially JW Blue), I find the seats/beds very comfortable, and I like the fact that the food is interesting but not extravagant. For those of you that fly in F as a treat I do understand that you might expect more from the product compared to some (but not all) competitors, but for those of us that are regular flyers in F we appreciate the understated elegance and comfort of F. The service and product is not over the top and not indulgent, just a really comfortable journey with some added luxuries along the way. For us regular F travellers this is EXACTLY what we are looking for from a tried and tested product that is available to most international destinations; something that other carriers will find hard to match (even if they do offer caviar, limos, and a more luxurious experience).
I am one of those flyers too, and I agree 100% with everything you say ... although you must be the unluckiest GGL there is when it comes to meal choices!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Prospero
I don't normally respond to hyperbole, but yes it fair to say LH provides a relatively convenient option on those routes BA doesn't fly to or does not operate a First cabin. And, of course, to customers loyal to *A
Hyperbole or an inconvenient reality for some?
so based on last few experiences I saw they were connecting onto routes BA do fly - and westbound for many. (If you pay attention in the F Terminal or pier F lounge). So they seemed to going via Frankfurt to avoid BA (and no doubt United too).
Frankfurt has very little destination traffic - 70-80% of Star traffic is connecting. That’s not hyperbole that’s fact some would do well to check.

Last edited by DFB_london; Mar 4, 2018 at 11:20 am
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I am one of those flyers too, and I agree 100% with everything you say ... although you must be the unluckiest GGL there is when it comes to meal choices!
thankfully few alternatives like QF, LH or JL have tried to match BA. In my experience they are all far better. And in recent experiences AA J can also beat it on a good day. Again it’s a great thing not one competitor views BA as a benchmark any more.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by DFB_london

thankfully few alternatives like QF, LH or JL have tried to match BA. In my experience they are all far better. And in recent experiences AA J can also beat it on a good day. Again it’s a great thing not one competitor views BA as a benchmark any more.
I think you live in cloud cuckoo land if you genuinely believe that.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR

I think you live in cloud cuckoo land if you genuinely believe that.
Possibly if comparing AA but I've had several flights in QR J that have been better than equivalent flights in BA F.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

It’s very hard to imagine there are these scores of F pax flying in from LHR to connect at FRA. Much more likely they are simply HONs returning from a meeting in London.

There are far more HONs than F seats leaving FRA each day
I remember LH Private Jet a few years ago saying the two top routes for passengers connecting from LH F were FRA - LON/PAR - but no idea on what the volume was or is --
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Mike P
Possibly if comparing AA but I've had several flights in QR J that have been better than equivalent flights in BA F.
If you like cramped seats and mostly bland food.
flatlander likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by tom139
I think it’s time we face up to the fact that booked at a good time of year (i.e. in one of the half a dozen sales or so), First can be extremely good value over Club. In December, I have NYC flights booked for around £2,200 return in First - at the time this was £150 more than Club each way. No brainer!!
Yes, I enjoy BA's F and it's easily worth a price differential of £150-200 over C which is what they are currently charging TATL. That's not too bad for the bigger seat and greater privacy. If you throw in the Concord Room and First Wing at LHR, as well as the occasional bump in service level, it's certainly worth it to me.

But the big deal for me is that when you book in First TATL, the tickets often become refundable (£150 cancellation fee per direction). In C, the best prices are typically Not refundable.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:50 am

And clean planes, getting your first choice meal, WiFi...

We can all play at listing something selective we don't like about a product.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR

Sorry, don't agree with you. I prefer QR food and the service is usually better in QR J than in BA F. As for the seat, I did almost back to back sectors in BA F and QR J recently, both on 787's, and I found the seat remarkably similar, albeit the QR seat was rather cleaner. I'm 6' 3'' tall and certainly don't find the QR seats cramped.
haroon145 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.