Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight times changed, no longer meets MCT. Who do I contact?

Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

I have a relatively complicated itinerary from LCA - LAS coming up in 2 weeks time. Due to (I assume) a timetable change, the JFK-LAX leg has been adjusted and now I land at LAX at 22:38 and take off from LAX to LAS at 22:40. I think it's unlikely I'll make that 2 minute connection, even with hand luggage

My flight was booked through British Airways (on the phone). The JFK-LAX flight has a BA flight number, but the LAX-LAS one has an AA number on it. The JFK-LAX flight is the one I would like to change because the LAX-LAS one is the last one of that day and I don't want to stay in LAX overnight.

Any advice on who I should contact to get this sorted, AA or BA?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
First of all, I suggest you figure out the option you would prefer and then pick up the phone to BA.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
If the flight times have changed from when you were sold them you should be entitled to change them totally free of charge.

Like golfmad says, work out which flight you want to be moved to and phone BA
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Same thing has happened to me although my trip is in June.
BA called me to let me know the changes, I kind of went along with it, but I just got an email from them (3 weeks later) saying:

We recently contacted you to let you know that we had to cancel your upcoming flight with us (booking reference XXXXXX). This is because we had to make some adjustments to our schedule as a result of delayed aircraft deliveries from the manufacturer.
We're sorry we are not able to carry you to your destination as planned and understand the inconvenience this will have caused.
We have already adjusted your booking and you can view it in Manage My Booking.
If you're not happy with these changes, you can either claim a refund, or you can rebook to the next available British Airways operated flight that departs either three days before or 14 days after your original flight, free of charge.........

Which made me think, I wonder if I can still get it cheaper? so now I'm doing as golfmad has said and seeing which flight I ideally want and then I'll call BA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.