Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A BIG Shout Out to BA Call Center Staff during Snow

Old Mar 1, 18, 6:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express

Starting a separate thread ...

BA Call Center Staff are doing a tremendous job.
Had to call on two occasions in last 2 days and issues with rebooking resolved.

Thank You
Old Mar 1, 18, 6:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Some of them are avid FT lurkers, so yes, a particular thank you to those in Newcastle, the entire area is only slightly better than the Central Belt of Scotland, many of them would have had difficult trips to get to the office, and big concerns about the trip home too. Thank you for all that you do to help out travellers in these difficult circumstances.
Old Mar 1, 18, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have been calling the Gold Line and just get a message saying I cannot be put through. I think that is appalling but is a BA infrastructure issue and no reflection on the hard working call centre team.

Last edited by Newly Wed; Mar 1, 18 at 6:47 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by deboyzoned View Post
Starting a separate thread ...

BA Call Center Staff are doing a tremendous job.
Had to call on two occasions in last 2 days and issues with rebooking resolved.

Thank You
Echo that Ė had a 40min wait to get through to the Gold line, but superb service when I did get through. I started by apologising that I wasn't even calling to be rebooked due to the current disruption, but the lady I spoke to said that was fine because "everyone has their own personal priorities and we're here to help'. Then the line dropped half way through, but she called me back immediately. Everything sorted effectively and efficiently with copious politeness and patience. Great job!
subject2load likes this.
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Newly Wed View Post
I have been calling the Gold Line and just get a message saying I cannot be put through. I think that is appalling but is a BA infrastructure issue and no reflection on the hard working call centre team.
Happy to say that I got through without problem to the US line. Its a shame calls are not automatically rerouting if the UK call centre cannot cope with demand.
deboyzoned likes this.
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:42 am

I just called BA to resolve an issue on a booking and I have no status (with BA). I got through to an agent in 60 seconds and he was super efficient and fixed the issue in under 2 minutes. Credit where credit is due - fantastic service BA!
Old Mar 1, 18, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold,HHilton Diamond VIP,Intercontinental Ambass,Amex
Here here

although it took me an hour to get through today, the call centre team taking Gold calls were cool calm and got my problem sorted for me. Great motivation in challenging weather!
Old Mar 1, 18, 8:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Great to hear that even though under heavier than normal workload they are serving their customers with pride.
“To Fly to SERVE”
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Mar 1, 18, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thumbs up

Have had 4 cancelled flights in the past 2 days and a car rental moved each time. The Gold line has been superb - no stress, taken their time and have worked really hard to get my wife and I on flights including the last 2 seats on our flight on Saturday. Top marks to the whole team.
Old Mar 1, 18, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Starship73 View Post
Echo that Ė had a 40min wait to get through to the Gold line, but superb service when I did get through.
I just called GGL and got through to them without any hold and then spoke to BA Holidays who also answered with only two rings. To say I was shocked is an understatement!

Everyone I've spoken to today has been very calm and friendly about it all.
Old Mar 1, 18, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Silver , Hilton Gold
Thumbs up

My 2 cents - had two flights cancelled Mon/Tue and although slight wait getting through, both matters resolved expeditiously and by friendly/efficient staff. A big thumbs up from me.
Old Mar 1, 18, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Didn't get caught in the snowmagedon, but whenever I've had to call the Geordies have always been excellent, and a few times gone above and beyond what I expected from any call centre operators. The trouble is actually getting to them!
Old Mar 1, 18, 3:41 pm

I’m not flying in the next few days, thankfully, but may have to cancel a train journey south. Working in a customer-facing role in these kind of circumstances is not much fun - you may well have to deal with tired and frustrated people, uncertainty around forecasts, inadequate or out of date information, and equipment failure alongside the miserable weather. I’m glad to hear BA staff are coping in light of that - well done ��
Old Mar 1, 18, 5:13 pm

it must be a seriously ...... job at times like these irate passengers wanting solutions yesterday and having to take the blame for something that canít be helped and to have to do it time and time again. Thank you... albeit I havenít been involved in the aptly named Snowmageddon!
Old Mar 1, 18, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GCH
I waited 15 mins when calling this morning to rebook tomorrow's LHR-JFK flight, and spoke to very friendly lady in Manchester, who could not have been more helpful, and got me on the Newark flight instead.

Well done team BA.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: