Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A BIG Shout Out to BA Call Center Staff during Snow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A BIG Shout Out to BA Call Center Staff during Snow

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Taylor Street Baristas
I've made two calls in the past two days to the GGL team in respect of BA001 LCY>JFK on Sunday - will it, won't it? - and I simply love these people. Minimal time to get through, not even a hint from the ladies I spoke to of the horrible journeys they must have had just to get into work for the pleasure of listening to our problems. It's actually quite humbling. Cruz can take my GUFs, my lounge access, my jokers if he really must but I swear if he touches the GGL helpline I'm gone the following day.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Two cancellations this week and the Gold line (apart from one 40 min wait, which I had to then drop the call from, so called back) has been excellent. Tip of the hat to them.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
I have been trying to get through on the Gold Line since yesterday but the calls have dropped each time.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by cme17
I have been trying to get through on the Gold Line since yesterday but the calls have dropped each time.
I've had the same - 4 flights cancelled over the last few days for me, hoping my flight tomorrow is fine (ex-EDI). Usually when I called the GCH line the call would drop at varying times, usually <2 minutes; would often take 4 attempts to get a call to stick. Seemed to get through to Manchester every time and once through, everything was dealt with efficiently. I did have to remind one of the agents of their rules around rebooking though!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Some of them are avid FT lurkers, so yes, a particular thank you to those in Newcastle, the entire area is only slightly better than the Central Belt of Scotland, many of them would have had difficult trips to get to the office, and big concerns about the trip home too. Thank you for all that you do to help out travellers in these difficult circumstances.
Eloquently put as always CWS - a big +1 from me.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
I hope they get a well deserved rest :-)
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Fully echo the warm sentiments / gratitude per above. Called twice today
- first call, couldn’t move me to earlier (delayed) flight, but answered quickly and reassuring message (take flight to Heathrow as might make connection or could make later flight)
- second call, saw issue once they opened the booking, really efficient and friendly / helpful. Rebooked within 5 minutes. Saved so much time and hassle that I would have endured at flight connections - there was a queue for the DUB arrivals with missed connections that was 15-20 people long by the time I got to it
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

If there are any Call Center Staff lurking on the forum, we would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks Again

Flame3601 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
I gave up twice calling the GGL line after waiting more than 20 minutes each time.......not impressed
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
I gave up twice calling the GGL line after waiting more than 20 minutes each time.......not impressed
To be fair that is a BA issue not a staff issue as I have always found that staff have taken the time required to resolve my query rather than just trying to churn through numbers chasing kpi's even when the call has taken them past the normal closing.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
If there are any Call Center Staff lurking on the forum, we would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks Again

A very busy week, particulary bad unfortunately for those in GLA/DUB although i realise cancellations are never fun these were affected probably the worst!!

Disruption is always pretty difficult when its at this level and over a few days.

Its lots of calls constantly over a day/days and lots of very similiar short calls to rebook/refund.

Thank you for all your generous comments.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:39 am

For those that have had positive feedback about the agents, I would highly recommend that you fill out at least the Well Done form and submit for the staff to get recognition. It won't take you long to do that and they will appreciate it.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Anonba

A very busy week, particulary bad unfortunately for those in GLA/DUB although i realise cancellations are never fun these were affected probably the worst!!

Disruption is always pretty difficult when its at this level and over a few days.

Its lots of calls constantly over a day/days and lots of very similiar short calls to rebook/refund.

Thank you for all your generous comments.
Don't forget EDI - it wasn't any better there.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HereToHelp
For those that have had positive feedback about the agents, I would highly recommend that you fill out at least the Well Done form and submit for the staff to get recognition. It won't take you long to do that and they will appreciate it.
Thanks for the reminder @HereToHelp
Quick link for those that have not got round to filling out the form .. https://www.britishairways.com/trave...er_compliments

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.