FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Unable to reach BA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1896357-unable-reach-ba.html)

Another user name to remember Mar 1, 2018 2:15 am

Unable to reach BA

Hi, Anything up today with the phone system of BA? Booked a flight yesterday, which I need to cancel using the 24hrs rule. According to the BA website, that needs to be done via phone. I tried calling UK/NL/BE/DE and none of the used numbers is answered (line is busy or number is blocked message). The 24hr mark is getting close. Any suggestions? Thanks.

caz312 Mar 1, 2018 2:17 am

The lines will be busy today as there are a large number of flights cancelled due weather...guess you may need to keep trying

windowontheAside Mar 1, 2018 2:19 am

Try Twitter?

lostinlondon Mar 1, 2018 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Another user name to remember (Post 29472010)
Hi, Anything up today with the phone system of BA? Booked a flight yesterday, which I need to cancel using the 24hrs rule. According to the BA website, that needs to be done via phone. I tried calling UK/NL/BE/DE and none of the used numbers is answered (line is busy or number is blocked message). The 24hr mark is getting close. Any suggestions? Thanks.

It depends on point of sale - if you Google the BA 24 hour cancellation you'll likely get the US version of the webpage (even from Europe/the UK), where it is indeed only over the phone. However I, in the UK, found the British version, which is phone or online, and have recently cancelled a flight online within the 24 hours and gotten a full refund of both cash and avios. Good luck!

Another user name to remember Mar 1, 2018 2:58 am

PA managed to reach the Denmark office, but they were not willing to help as the person on the credit card (card of CFO used for booking) nor the traveler (me) was calling...

corporate-wage-slave Mar 1, 2018 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Another user name to remember (Post 29472060)
PA managed to reach the Denmark office, but they were not willing to help as the person on the credit card (card of CFO used for booking) nor the traveler (me) was calling...

You can set your PA as the authorised nominee. You set this up via the relevant screens in your BAEC profile.

craigthemif Mar 1, 2018 3:25 am

Even though ba.com says that you need to cancel over the phone, you can often just do it online.

At least with reward bookings. I just did a 24-hour cancellation the other day and got my Avios and RFS taxes back right away...

Another user name to remember Mar 1, 2018 3:51 am

Resolved by calling myself. Thank you for your help all. Good luck for all of you traveling today.