Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parmesan cheese - enhanced away in GF

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Not usually one to doubt the wisdom of cws - but how would you know about the lounges us mere mortals frequent? I thought you are never far from your personal mug across the other side of the escalators?
I'll steer clear of any reference to DrNuffy's terminology, but I'm delighted to make frequent visits to Flounge from time to time. Including today. However I must admit I hadn't spotted the Parmesan (so a hat tip to your good self for sharing this exciting news) or you can be sure a big photo would have been added! The things I do for FT.....
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GF food is crap compared to years past. Everything move down one when BS took over from Compass.

While GF and CCR have got worse, BA's competitors have increased the quality and choice on offer across LHR and in general across the world. T3 OW lounges chalk and cheese compared to BA.

Who could have imagined the days where in an outstation contract lounges would have hot food and premium drinks. I remember the days when a UK contract lounge meant packaged plastic cheese and coronet butter (that BA still use...) to spread on the packaged crackers, compare all that now to what you can access with just a Priority Pass card.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
GF food is crap compared to years past. ......................... T3 OW lounges chalk and cheese compared to BA.

Are we talking danish blue, grated cheddar ..... or parmesan ........ ?

@ c-w-s : Have you seriously just checked every F lounge thread from way back in 2012 to present day ....??
Wow ! Dedication to the BA food cause indeed ^

I’ve a hunch it was one of the big supermarkets which once carried an advertisement saying “Because life is too short to chop your own carrots “
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by subject2load
@ c-w-s : Have you seriously just checked every F lounge thread from way back in 2012 to present day ....??
Wow ! Dedication to the BA food cause indeed ^
Well it's mainly the annual (ish) thread actually, so it's less work that it looks. There are 150 threads with references to Parmesan in them but mostly a reference to an onboard meal with said cheese included in the recipe. This compares to 280 references to Cheddar.
subject2load likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The shaved Parmesan was a nice added touch to a bespoke artisan bread, cucumber, and mackerel pate combination I assembled on Wednesday. Paired particularly well with my Virgin Mary
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
It’s back.
FlyingScientist and thebigben like this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
And an update on LGW: There is something that looks like parmesan, but is in fact labelled "Italian hard cheese" by the GF buffet. I'll leave it to the conspiracy theorists on here to assess whether that is something to be concerned about...
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737
And an update on LGW: There is something that looks like parmesan, but is in fact labelled "Italian hard cheese" by the GF buffet. I'll leave it to the conspiracy theorists on here to assess whether that is something to be concerned about...
gosh, I bet they’ll save hundreds if not thousands of pennies with that enhancement!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:15 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
I'd rather have some Pecorino Piccante any day!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
It’s “Italian Hard Cheese” in GF too.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Vgravity
It’s “Italian Hard Cheese” in GF too.
Hazarding a guess this could be because it is a suitable for vegetarians version? Actual Parmasan never is.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by lcylocal

Hazarding a guess this could be because it is a suitable for vegetarians version? Actual Parmasan never is.
yes, the hard cheese in the lounges specifically says it’s suitable for veggies so I for one am v glad it’s not Parmesan
lcylocal likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Why isn't Parmasan vegetarian? Since I'm not vegetarian I wasn't aware some cheeses could and others not be.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Jagboi
Why isn't Parmasan vegetarian? Since I'm not vegetarian I wasn't aware some cheeses could and others not be.
Genuine Parmesan must be made with cow's rennet, so it may never be vegetarian.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
And just in case anybody else was wondering: Rennet is an enzyme sourced from the stomach of newly born calves. So decidedly not vegetarian.

The things one learns on FT...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.