Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parmesan cheese - enhanced away in GF

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Was there a hot pasta dish on offer at the time? If there was then it does seem strange not to have a least grated parmesan available. I'm personally not a fan of pasta....in fact I'm not a fan of most Italian food.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
From a taste POV, parmesan and cheddar taste NOTHING alike on a dish. This is sad...
Lefly likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by subject2load

As a very rough guide, about double the price of the cheddar which was offered as an (inappropriate) alternative.
offering cheddar for pasta is like offering Parmesan with seafood
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: ba lifetime gold, MAS gold, hhonors gold
the parmesan has been intermittent for several months. I think the absence is cock up rather than conspiracy
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:50 am

These are the cuts that infuriate me. Flowers in the F loos, the amuse-bouche, ice creams in M (now reinstated), and this. Utterly insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and really self-destructive. Whoever has got taste buds (appreciate that bean counters mightn't...) know that Parmesan cannot possibly be compared to the most insipid of cheeses, cheddar. Whoever decided it must be the kind of guy who thinks Dairylea is a premium brand or that mascarpone can be used for pasta sauces.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by 13900
These are the cuts that infuriate me. Flowers in the F loos, the amuse-bouche, ice creams in M (now reinstated), and this. Utterly insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and really self-destructive. Whoever has got taste buds (appreciate that bean counters mightn't...) know that Parmesan cannot possibly be compared to the most insipid of cheeses, cheddar. Whoever decided it must be the kind of guy who thinks Dairylea is a premium brand or that mascarpone can be used for pasta sauces.
i always wanted to join BA management but they rejected me on graduate scheme application and I sure am not going to take a massive pay cut now to sort them out
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by malcolmcampbell
the parmesan has been intermittent for several months. I think the absence is cock up rather than conspiracy
You could be right about the cock-up theory, who knows ..... ?

And it’s the sort of thing that could so easily happen even in the best Italian restaurants, let alone a humble airport lounge.

In fact, only the other day a friend who was eating at Locanda Locatelli reported that his pasta dish arrived, along with an apology for the fact that they were “clean out” of Parmigiano Reggiano. But the head waiter was quick to recover a potentially difficult situation, with a cheery “ How about some nice English Cheddar, sir ....?”
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Was there a hot pasta dish on offer at the time? If there was then it does seem strange not to have a least grated parmesan available. I'm personally not a fan of pasta....in fact I'm not a fan of most Italian food.
So, we are having lunch in the Flounge. There is pasta on the buffet and gnocchi on the made to order menu. I asked for Parmesan and the waiter went to check the fridge. I was told there was none available. I asked if it had gone for ever and the waiter could not tell me........
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by MrsW

So, we are having lunch in the Flounge. There is pasta on the buffet and gnocchi on the made to order menu. I asked for Parmesan and the waiter went to check the fridge. I was told there was none available. I asked if it had gone for ever and the waiter could not tell me........
If only you were in the First class lounge.

Oh ...... wait a minute ....... 😳
MrsW likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
#parmesangate
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I had the gnocci today which was very tasty I have to say. I didn’t have the heart to ask if there was Parmesan as a person who if I was a gambling man I would say was a Flyertalker who was berating the catering staff for puttting 3 buckets of slop out and advising how the F loungers options Globally including in T3 were so much better.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
.......................who if I was a gambling man I would say was a Flyertalker who was berating the catering staff for puttting 3 buckets of slop out ................................
Hmm .....

Not guilty, your honour.

Any thoughts at all on what exactly the “slop” might have contained ......??

Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by subject2load

Hmm .....

Not guilty, your honour.

Any thoughts at all on what exactly the “slop” might have contained ......??

To be honest I’m not overly sure. I have to say the buffet was uninspiring today, if nothing on the menu took my fancy I would have pooled upstairs for a jacket potato, chilled and some grated cheese but as it was the gnocci was very tasty..

Despite this person berating the staff re the food he did seem to have sequestered enough food and drink for a teddy bears picnic or feeding the 5000. He wasn’t even discreet about it to the point that I nearly took a picture/video but just gave him a look every time he got another load.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:00 pm

Thanks for coming back.

Such tacky behaviour. It’s one thing to make BA management aware (using appropriate channels) of disappointment with lounge facilities ; berating a member of staff whilst grabbing everything in sight is altogether different.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Despite this person berating the staff re the food he did seem to have sequestered enough food and drink for a teddy bears picnic or feeding the 5000. He wasn’t even discreet about it to the point that I nearly took a picture/video but just gave him a look every time he got another load.
“The food was terrible, and there was so little of it too...”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.