Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
GGL enhancements

I had dinner with a client last night who is a Prem and the conversation turned to BA. He mentioned that he had heard that the GGL was getting an overhaul. He didn't seem to know too much other than it will be harder to qualify, it will include additional support from BA SS (now called the "Concorde Team") and would include access to the CCR for all members not just some.

There has previously been speculation of a new "Concorde Card" and I do wonder if that is what the GGL is about to morph into.

Anyone else heard anything?
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I’ve heard a few snippets from another source but as this is just hearsay cannot really say much more at the moment.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Well it sounds like I need to try to re-qualify this year after all while it's still only 3000 TPs! I'd just made my mind up to slip to Gold!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
He didn't seem to know too much other than it will be harder to qualify
Getting rid of the riff raff like me that pile up the TP's from QR trips that gain 560 TP's a trip would help. Also increase the BA needed segments to something like 50.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Calum
Getting rid of the riff raff like me that pile up the TP's from QR trips that gain 560 TP's a trip would help. Also increase the BA needed segments to something like 50.
I've been saying the BA segments needed to qualify for status needs to increase for a while now - 5 for Bronze, 10 for Silver, 20 for Gold. Therefore you can still get the tier points on QR etc, but you'll only get any status by actually flying BA.
stewaran and lostinlondon like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Calum
And me. I always feel a faint sense of guilt when I step foot inside those hallowed grounds.
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
So, did I hold the planned wake* for my CCR card next month or not ?

* Expires on 30th April and hugely unlikely ever to be replaced...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
I've been saying the BA segments needed to qualify for status needs to increase for a while now - 5 for Bronze, 10 for Silver, 20 for Gold. Therefore you can still get the tier points on QR etc, but you'll only get any status by actually flying BA.
I do not really see the need
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL
The CCR card threshold is set so that it can be earned from twelve F flights a year, averaging one a month. I can't see that changing, so the only reasonable option is that GGL is brought into line to renew at 5,000 points, rather than the current 3,000.
hugolover, Tobias-UK and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
I assume most of the ones with CCR card have attained it through travel paid for by their companies.
For those of us that have earned their GGL status through majority personal travel and commuter travel and majority travel on BA should not be punished.
I don"t want the threshold increased to 5000 TP to retain GGL. :-(
Jimmie76, BAGoldBoy and Flame3601 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Wouldn't moving the annual requirement to 5000 effectively remove GGL as a Tier, allowing a cut back on GGL line staff, and therefore trebles all round. And if the numbers on here previously are to be believed, 5000 GGL and 500 CCR, that would take 9000 jokers out of the system too. Mind you, it's late and I have flown a lot this week so my maths and memory may be adrift
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Omba
Wouldn't moving the annual requirement to 5000 effectively remove GGL as a Tier, allowing a cut back on GGL line staff, and therefore trebles all round. And if the numbers on here previously are to be believed, 5000 GGL and 500 CCR, that would take 9000 jokers out of the system too. Mind you, it's late and I have flown a lot this week so my maths and memory may be adrift
They might even make Prems and new uber-GGL/Concorde people the same.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You can't stop them doing anything they feel inclined to do, so there's not a lot of point in worrying about it. I hope the current GGL threshold stays where it is for one year at least, for fairly obvious reasons. I wouldn't put it past BA to change the rules half way through the year though.

I can't help feeling though that GGL and CCR is pretty marginal to BA, it's a very small skim at the top of the pyramid. There is probably some mileage in making regular BA revenue paying First fliers feel a bit more elite. But if you are looking with an accountant's eye at the BAEC, you'd note that it is possible to gain status and be elite with very little BA loyalty. Two B2B to Amsterdam HBO and a Qatar round trip somewhere, and you're silver, pretty much. So I could easily see a move to a mileage based system, or requiring BA sectors. It's a shame for the enthusiastic TP system gamers, but that's not what the BAEC is for.

As with any loophole or similar system, get it while you can, because these things rarely last forever. There'll be something else.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
how much notice do they need to give members if they wanted to change GGL qualification rules?
Previously when they changed it, they gave slightly over a months notice, but tacked on another 4+ months as a"gesture of goodwill".
it will be annoying if they changes the requal for GGL this year with short notice
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Be interesting on timing for this as I'll easily retain CCR this year (with current thresholds) but as I have had to relocate for work it may be a push to even get GGL next year would have to seriously consider my options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.