Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Does this mean we are soon to have a GGL equivalent thread of the "I didn't get my Gold welcome" Whinge thread? Please, let's not go there!
Well, let me tell you about my last 10-15 sectors.....
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Does this mean we are soon to have a GGL equivalent thread of the "I didn't get my Gold welcome" Whinge thread? Please, let's not go there!
I had a funny one flying with two friends, one GGL (high value version is my guess) and one Prem. On arrival at out station the GGL had meet & greet, Prem had nothing. At LHR, Prem had car, GGL had nothing (though we all bundled in the car!).
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
There are some CCR cards given for high profile/important people, I know a couple of guys who have them, but it's very unclear how/why/how long for. Even they are sometimes surprised when they get a new card.
I know this was the case when the CCR card was first issued but I thought this "perk" had been removed and everyone had to earn 5,000 TPs to get a card. Is this not the case?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Is the general consensus still that there are around 5k GGLs and 500 CCR holders?

If BA really are looking for a way of making GGL a truly exclusive tier then a 5k re-qualification threshold seems like a pretty quick way of doing it. I'd imagine the number of CCR holders would double, and BA would have effectively reduced the number of people in that tier by 80%?

Add in a requirement to do 20 BA sectors and that number would decrease even further.

That said, we had a shift of the GGL tier a few years ago when the 2 x 3k TP rule was removed from qualification criteria, so it seems odd they'd be looking to shake it up again so soon, unless there's a fairly serious underlying issue that's allowing a very small subset of passengers to cause them a significant amount of financial grief?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404

Add in a requirement to do 20 BA sectors and that number would decrease even further.
I'd favour this... my weekly ET travel works out at on average £15-£20 per TP, which is seriously profitable for BA (I get a small seat and nothing to eat for that), plus I also get to over 3000 TPs per year, but generally fewer than 5000 TPs. I'm such a cash cow for BA. I'd be a little miffed to lose GGL based on my patterns.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Doesn't an individuals CIV score indicate the BA Spend? Or is it linked to your status ?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Doesn't an individuals CIV score indicate the BA Spend? Or is it linked to your status ?
Both.

I think the CIV for a GCH can range from 35 to 96, with the higher the number indicating how much that person spends (as well as other things).

A GGL, however, has a CIV with a minimum figure of 97.

I believe a Prem has a minimum CIV of 100 (out of 110).

Someone will be along to clarify the numbers, but that's roughly how it works.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Both.

I think the CIV for a GCH can range from 35 to 96, with the higher the number indicating how much that person spends (as well as other things).

A GGL, however, has a CIV with a minimum figure of 97.

I believe a Prem has a minimum CIV of 100 (out of 110).

Someone will be along to clarify the numbers, but that's roughly how it works.
i think it’s changed slightly so:
golds - 52-96
ggls - 97-99
gglfl - 100
prem - 105
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA

i think it’s changed slightly so:
golds - 52-96
ggls - 97-99
gglfl - 100
prem - 105
And someone came along :-) ....
What about GfL ?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
And someone came along :-) ....
What about GfL ?

that’s not specifically listed in my information so presume somewhere in that 52-96 range.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:53 am
Suspended

Isn't a CIV of 100 also for Most Valuable GGL ? (think this was introduced back in 2013).
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Isn't a CIV of 100 also for Most Valuable GGL ? (think this was introduced back in 2013).
Since Karfa's list is correct, I suspect they would be a 99 but who knows?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am intrigued by this CIV talk. While I (think I) understand it is some sort of metric matching a spending figure to a customer, can someone shed more light onto this?

I have not really seen this mentioned/explained in too much detail here on FT yet so I am curious. From reading the above it looks like being bronze/silver/gold, there is a maximum CIV score that can be attached to your name (as well as getting a minimum score by virtue of that status), but that makes me think: "the person travelling on short notice for business and paying 3k for an economy return trip to the MEAST for example is likely to have a much higher spend per year figure attached to their name (despite maybe only earning 40-140 TPs for the return Y fare) than the TP runner that gets some 840 TPS from a 1.5k fare ex-OTP.

So what other metrics/considerations that go into these CIV calculations, as otherwise wouldn't it be possible for a bronze card holder to have a much higher CIV score than a GCH - if we take it to the extreme of very expensive Y tickets compared to Honolulu Gold?

Thanks in advance!

I am not trying to understand the exact formula behind it (as I assume that is unknown anyway) but just what the general considerations are? Time with BAEC, time with status, distance flown per year, sectors flown...?

Thanks

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I'd favour this... my weekly ET travel works out at on average £15-£20 per TP, which is seriously profitable for BA (I get a small seat and nothing to eat for that), plus I also get to over 3000 TPs per year, but generally fewer than 5000 TPs. I'm such a cash cow for BA. I'd be a little miffed to lose GGL based on my patterns.
I have different view on this. For those less BA sectors means they are essentially less frequent to use BA facility. Require more BA section essentially discourage some to stay with BAEC. Think about this, if someone fly very little or don't fly with BA, but credit to BAEC, BA would still make money for partner airlines paying for miles, no? So, BA do nothing but still make money, kinda like passive income to them.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by mcgol
I am intrigued by this CIV talk. While I (think I) understand it is some sort of metric matching a spending figure to a customer, can someone shed more light onto this?

I have not really seen this mentioned/explained in too much detail here on FT yet so I am curious. From reading the above it looks like being bronze/silver/gold, there is a maximum CIV score that can be attached to your name (as well as getting a minimum score by virtue of that status), but that makes me think: "the person travelling on short notice for business and paying 3k for an economy return trip to the MEAST for example is likely to have a much higher spend per year figure attached to their name (despite maybe only earning 40-140 TPs for the return Y fare) than the TP runner that gets some 840 TPS from a 1.5k fare ex-OTP.

So what other metrics/considerations that go into these CIV calculations, as otherwise wouldn't it be possible for a bronze card holder to have a much higher CIV score than a GCH - if we take it to the extreme of very expensive Y tickets compared to Honolulu Gold?

Thanks in advance!

I am not trying to understand the exact formula behind it (as I assume that is unknown anyway) but just what the general considerations are? Time with BAEC, time with status, distance flown per year, sectors flown...?

Thanks

Thanks
They're capped.

So as per Karfa's figures of 52-96 for a Gold, we can expect the Silver posts to be something like 20-51, and Bronze at 10-19 (or whatever it may be.

For example, your Gold spending tens of thousands each year can only ever get to 96. A GGL doing a few £k in TP runs on QR would immediately trump them on 97.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.