Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more fresh coffee in Euro Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
:
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Let's hope they're not planning to replace it with the ditch water they used to serve. All because those with status aren't willing to fork out for a decent coffee.
Indeed! Many seem willing to pay more for a Tier Point than a good coffee.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:13 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I often think that without gossip and rumour, this place would be so much more staid.

Why dont we wit to see if if it does before we bewail something that hasn’t even happened.

One could run run away with the idea that the vocal chorus of FT leaves the detritus of F to sit down in ET and complain about BA in general and whatever thempeeve du jour might be in particular. It’s a wonder anyone flies them, but behold a great host do.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

One could run run away with the idea that the vocal chorus of FT leaves the detritus of F to sit down in ET and complain about BA in general and whatever thempeeve du jour might be in particular. It’s a wonder anyone flies them, but behold a great host do.
It’s a fair point PUCCI.

BA has a long history and almost unique, proud heritage (as I hardly need tell you !)

And yet .... anyone coming to FT, having not flown them in a good while, could easily be forgiven - when reading some of the threads here - for imagining that the airline’s previous standards had fallen somewhat ; especially when measured against those of so many relatively new upstarts based in other parts of the world.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
And yet .... anyone coming to FT, having not flown them in a good while, could easily be forgiven - when reading some of the threads here - for imagining that the airline’s previous standards had fallen somewhat ; especially when measured against those of so many relatively new upstarts based in other parts of the world.
Indeed, all that then remains is for them to book a ticket and confirm it.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
That would be very bad news indeed. I'd have to pack a thermos as well as a hip flask
All under 100mls - don't forget
Catweazle likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
All under 100mls - don't forget
Take the empty thermos though, then avail yourself of the facilities in Galleries
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Let's hope they're not planning to replace it with the ditch water they used to serve. All because those with status aren't willing to fork out for a decent coffee.
Is it now possible for people sitting in CE to buy drinks and food from the BoB menu?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Is it now possible for people sitting in CE to buy drinks and food from the BoB menu?
No point asking HIDDY.

He’s a proud canny Scot ..... doesn’t spend his money on fripperies such as CE
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Java Republic is very mediocre coffee (enjoy that taste of warm brown water) so how much worse can any replacement be?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I don’t drink coffee and have seen people perplexed with the cup/mug currently offered, but replacement seems like a downgrade, but won’t be bothered by this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
They're only cheap towards their customers.
Not sure that's true - why do you think IAG is using Cognizant to do their new Avios platform instead of anyone more competent?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
The BoB coffee is way better than the CE stuff. Yes, you do need to figure it out, but shame if it goes
BA could serve real espressos and cappucinos in CE like it is done by other European airlines in Business Class.

But they are may be thinking it is not smart to have better coffees in ET than in CE so better downgrade the whole thing in ET instead of upgrading CE’s coffee. Everything needs to be seen through a cost cutting lense nowadays (unless revenues drop).
Catweazle likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by BA6948
BA could serve real espressos and cappucinos in CE like it is done by other European airlines in Business Class.
But that would involve a) buying equipment, b) maintaining equipment, c) loading extra fuel for flying the equipment around, and d) assuming the muppets-du-jour at DHL remember to load the consumables for the equipment.

None of that makes sense once put on a spreadsheet.

Back to the "sippy cup" BoB coffee... I guess I fall into the category of being one of those folk that never really liked it. I guess I'll like the maxpax replacement even less.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: QF, HH
Mortified.

It really ain't that hard to do up a proper cup of coffee even on a plane.

As GK Chesterton questioned, what is wrong with this world?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: QF, HH
Originally Posted by nick.t.davies
Take the empty thermos though, then avail yourself of the facilities in Galleries
Well you could always take the empty thermos filled with 100mls of something else, and add coffee to it on the other side... if only!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.