Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Our first First with a twist and thanks to the crew

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat

My wife and I enjoyed our first First experience with BA yesterday, had a pleasant few hours with a Concorde lunch, can highly recommend the scallops and the expresso martini. My wife managed to have two treatments in the spa.

We then boarded BA31 to HKG, really friendly crew who looked after us whilst we sat waiting for six bags to be removed for two passengers who could not fly, so about an hour late we set off.

We had a excellent flight then comes the twist, my wife was taken unwell and the crew were alerted by another passenger, at the time I was in the loo getting changed, came out to find numerous crew members assisting my wife and we have to say a big thanks to all of them, and the unknown passenger if you are on here.

The crew also arranged for a wheelchair and attendant to take us through the airport.

So all in all a big thumbs up from us to the crew of BA31.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Please also send your praise and thanks to BA so it gets back to the staff concerned
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Please also send your praise and thanks to BA so it gets back to the staff concerned
Yes, we are doing that
UKtravelbear likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by moeman982
can highly recommend the scallops and the expresso martini
Originally Posted by moeman982
my wife was taken unwell and the crew were alerted by another passenger

hmm....
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
hmm....
Against my better judgement I once had mussels on the quay in Cape Town before heading to Mauritius later that day . The only time I've needed "one of those bags" on a flight, and not a pleasnat expereicne at all. Better judgement will win next time .

But nothing above to suggest OP's partner was suffering in same way, so I'll ceetainly go for CCR scallops if the opportunity arises .
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Lol, no nothing to do with bad food etc, no 'mess' was made, although earlier in the flight someone didn't get to the toilet on time and did leave a 'mess' for the crew to deal with!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, Skywards Silver
I was also on this flight in First and agree that the cabin crew were excellent. The lady serving me was chatty, professional, experienced, friendly but not overbearing, and very "natural". She seemed happy to be there. Have also sent a "Thank you" for her good service. A good experience all round (and hope the OP's wife is feeling much better now.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.